Lonely Revival

The company was being sued. For failure of keeping children safe.

Until the court case was over you and a few others were on paid leave. You, Vincent and Scott to be exact. You were traumatized from the event. Vincent was too, or so he acted like he was. Scott had got into the paid leave mess due to how he took over your position when you looked for Vincent.

You missed your job, it gave you something to do during the day. It was boring sitting at home and watching TV. You were running out of TV shows to watch as well, catching up on the former shows you'd watch two years ago before moving into your own apartment.

Beside you was your phone that vibrated from
a text. "Hey. Wanna go see a movie?" It read. "The boys and I are going out and we want to invite you." Another message popped up. "Mike, Scott, Fritz and Jermey."

Sliding open your messages, your thumbs began typing out: "That would be nice. About our date too... Perhaps dinner afterwards."

Vincent replied eagerly: "Oh baby, you got it. I'll pick you up too!"

You couldn't help but to giggle at how excited Vincent seemed in his messages. "Okay. Guess I gotta get dressed.

Another message: "2pm"

The time now was 12. Okay. You had time to shower, do your hair and get dressed.

First things first, shower. You had scrubbed your hands through your hair and washed your body.  After all the soap and shampoo was off and down the drain, you stepped out and wrapped your body with a long towel.

Opening your closet door open, you examined your many dresses, flannel button down shirts, sweaters and some jeans. You wanted to look nice for Vincent. Did you like him? You couldn't hit the nail with the hammer just yet. Maybe you'll figure it out with how your heart feels after tonight's dinner. Where does he plan to take you? Maybe a hibachi, or a simple place like the town's diner, or even just a nice restaurant like Applebee's.

Finally deciding on an outfit you took out a warm colored flannel and dark washed jeans. To go with it, you picked out a thin belt and black flats. Underneath your flannel you decided to wear a black tank top.

After getting dress, you took a look at the time and said, "I got a half hour left."

Returning to the bathroom you began to do your hair. You had ultimately decided to just put it up in a pony tail after brushing it out with your  brush. Lastly, you brushed your teeth and put deodorant on.

Vincent had arrived earlier than he said, it was about 1:52. There was a few knocks on your apartment door. "Coming!"

Rushing to your door, you grabbed your small side bag.

Opening it up, you smiled at the presence of Vincent.

"God. You look absolutely amazing, partner in crime." He said, biting the bottom of his lip as his eyes outlined your body. "First time I've seen you outside your work uniform!"

Vincent wished he could just push you down and start making out with you. He wanted his hands to wander and feel your body against his. The idea of it was comforting.

"Well, let's go." You told him, locking your apartment door behind you.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Sooo you're going on a date with this asshole after the movies?" Mike asked, crossing his arms. Maybe he was just a bit surprised.

"Personally, I-I think the two of them wil-.. I mean wo-would be nic- I mean... I think they would be um, cute! Yeah cute..!" Jermey stuttered his words out.

You nodded. "Come on, who denies free dinner?" You joked.

"Is that all I'm good for? Free dinner?" Vincent asked.

"I'm kidding!" You giggled.

"Better be, my little lamb..." He said, sliding an arm around your waist.

You relaxed against his arm, looking over at the lanky purple man for a brief second. Your heart fluttered for a moment. Maybe you did love this purple man. This purple man who was a murderer, not that you knew.

But he felt he had good reasoning behind the murders he committed. And he hoped he could convert you to truly be his partner in crime.

Slowly.

His arm moved away from your waist, dropping back to his side as his hand had grabbed your hand instead. You allowed him, once again feeling as if your heart was fluttering like a butterfly.

You couldn't decide if you loved him but you certainly felt like it.

"Will you two just decide if you're dating already?" Mumbled Mike.

~*~*~*~*~*~

After the movies everyone had met up outside the theater. Stretching your body, you let out a yawn. It was a bit tiring sitting in that chair the entire time.

"It was nice seeing you guys!" Fritz said. "Boss has upped my hours since you guys aren't here. And he doesn't want to hire anyone else."

"Ah yeah. Sorry Fritz. Who's doing the night shift?" Scott asked, scratching the back of his head.

"Jeremy and Mike has been. Mike tonight, which is why he left already." Fritz said.

"That sucks." (Y/N) said, feeling bad now.

Vincent then tugged you. He wanted to get to the date. "Come on..." he whispered to you.

"Oh. Well Vincent and I are gonna get going now. I hope to see you guys again soon!" You said as you hugged each one of them before your departure with Vincent.

~*~*~*~*~
Sitting inside the car, your eyes watched clouds move across the sky. It was almost night time, just a few minutes before six.

"You know, I feel this world is really corrupted." Vincent broke the silence.

Catching your attention, your (e/c) eyes drifted away from the outside and onto your purple soon-to-be-boyfriend.

"You gotta fight your way to the top." He said after knowing you were listening. His hands moved to rotate the wheel, turning the car to the right direction. "And the economy screws everyone over."

You really didn't understand what he was getting at.

"I really hate the place we work at. The boss is full is so much greed, like most people at the top are while the others suffer."

He was wondering if you were connecting the dots. The murders, they were his. His reasoning? He wanted to destroy the boss's company.

Parking his car, he let out a puff of air and said, "Anyways we're here. Let's go, my little lamb."