Murphy x Reader 05.2

Part two to my fifth Murphy oneshot (Remember when they were back on the ark and you were adopted and blah? Yeaah buddy).

Requested: Yes... by quite a few people :D

Summary: The ark makes it's crash landing, reuniting (name) and Murphy after two months.

Warnings: Language (as always), emotional/OOC Murphy, slight plot change.

FANFIC-

You huffed, dropping the heavy piece of metal onto the table and saluting Wick.

"Here's that... thing... you wanted."

"Thanks (Name)," He smiled. "You should take a break for a while. Overworking yourself isn't good for your health."

You didn't say anything, just let the smile slide off your face as you picked at the blisters on your hands. It's true. The ark landed two days ago and you hadn't stopped working.
Where was Murphy? He wasn't stuck in Mt. Weather too, was he?

"Seriously," Wick placed a hand on your shoulder. "Go chill out, relax. Wouldn't want you to kill yourself working too much."

So you took his advice, going back to your 'room' (which was basically a closet that you had claimed) and lay down on the mass of pillows you'd collected. Eventually you fell asleep.

When you woke up later on, groggy and a bit sore, you raked your fingers through your hair before going back outside.

"(Name)!" The familiar voice of your friend Devin called. "I've been looking for you, you'll never believe what happened!"

"...hmm?"

"Murphy, that guy you have a massive crush on, they found him!"

Suddenly you were wide awake. You grabbed Devin by the shoulders and almost shook them.

"Where is he?"

"Medics have him-"

You pushed Devin out of the way, taking off towards the medical section of the ark. You hadn't seen Murphy in two months... Was he alright? Would he even remember you...? You knew that these kids had probably changed a lot since being sent to their deaths- who knows what they've had to go through- so who's to say he'd even care to see you?

You arrived at the medical sector and burst in without warning, darting your eyes around until you spotted Murphy lying back on a bed. You rushed over to him and he sat up immediately at the sudden disturbance in the small room.

"(Name)...?" He breathed out, straining to sit up completely and turn to you. "You're alive?"

Instead of answering you wrapped your arms around his torso in a tight hug. Your face was buried in the crook of his neck as your tears fell.

"I missed you- And... And I thought you were dead... or-"

"It's okay," He wrapped his arms around you and ran his fingers through your hair. "Don't worry, everything's fine, alright?..... I missed you too, ya'know... I saw the ark come down and found some of the remains... I thought...."
He took a deep breath before shaking his head and tightening his hold on you.

"... I'm glad you're alright."

The two of you finally pulled apart and you got a good look at him.

There were scars on his neck and face, almost covered up by the layers of blood and dirt. His eyes were still the bright blue/grey that you remembered, and his hair had gotten a bit longer in your time apart.

He was still just as handsome.

"What happened?" You questioned, running your fingers lightly over the scars on his neck. "What the hell has been going on down here?"

Murphy placed a hand over yours, pecking your lips a bit hesitantly before smirking at you.

"Long story. I'll tell you once they stitch up my leg."

"WHAT."