Chapter 71: Part 1

Start from the beginning

"We're just having fun."

"So you're fucking her?"

"Well yeah, it's not like I do anything else for fun do I?"

"Are you kidding me?"

"No. I mean, it doesn't mean anything, if that's what you're worried about. Hope's from California and she's just here for a couple weeks. She's just trying to have some fun before she leaves. So it's mutual."

"So you're both using each other?"

"Basically."

"Isn't there something kind of wrong with that?"

"Not for me. Maybe for you."

"Okay but I still don't get it. Why are you doing it?"

"For two reasons actually. One, a distraction doesn't hurt and two, because I know it pisses you off and maybe that's what you need to finally-"

"Find my own world? Live for myself? Ugh, just cut the bullshit. If you wanted to break up with me you should've just told me."

"I didn't want to break up with you, I did it for a reason."

"Oh really? For what? To fuck around with other people?"

"Well, what do you want me to do Camz? This is who I am. Right? Isn't that what you want to hear?"

"Shut up." She said before she groaned, "I should've known."

"Should've known what?"

"That you can't keep it in your damn pants. You always have to find something...anything to keep you from facing your problems. You're doing what you always do. And that's because you don't know how to cope."

"Look, I know I'm supposed to cope on my own and be above it all and shit but how can you say that to me when you're the one following your ex-girlfriend around."

"I wasn't following you."

"Oh yeah? Then?"

"We can't talk like we used too and this is the only way because you refuse to acknowledge that I even exist."

"See and this is your damn problem."

"..."

"I've already learned how to live without you."

Camila furrowed her brows in confusion.

"I told her about us. And thanks to her, I've been able to connect with my higher self and live in my world. Because I know that you're just a part of it." She paused, "But the only question is, do you know that?"

"..."

"Exactly. Because you don't. You still make this all about me. About us. But it's not just about us Camz. Don't you understand that?" Her voice almost faded.

"And don't you understand that you're all I fucking want?" Camila said before grabbing the collar of her shirt.

Lauren's breath hitched.