Chapter 62

Camila's POV

The morning after, I woke up hours before Lauren did and watched her sleep. For the first time in a while, she seemed serene. Peaceful. She always looked that way when she slept. And the saddest part is, when she'd wake up, that part of her didn't even seem to exist. And maybe it didn't. Perhaps it was all a facade. But all I did know is that I was going to help her find that peace again.

After last nights events, I realized how reckless I've been with her.

I knew something was wrong when she left that afternoon. I knew that she wasn't okay. That every atom in her body was screaming for help. But I let my fear get the best of me and it kept me from stopping her.

It's been keeping me from doing that all this time. But I let the fear of upsetting her control my actions and in result, it's hurt her more than it can ever hurt me. And I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive myself for it.

But from now on, I'm not going to let anything happen to her again. I'll do anything I can to stop her. Even if she ends up hating me for it.

As I thought about the issue at hand, Lauren began to stir. She turned around to face me and fluttered her eyes open.

"Hey." I greeted her with a small smile.

She smiled back and in a raspy voice said, "Hey."

"How are you feeling?"

"Better now."

"Good."

"You know, If I got to wake up to your face every morning, I'd never get out of bed."

"And why is that?"

"Because I'd lay here and stare at you forever."

My lips parted before a smile formed on them.

"Seriously Camz. Do you know how beautiful you are?"

"I'm nothing compared to you."

"That's bullshit. You're art."

"..."

"One day you're going to have to let me draw you."

"Draw?"

"Yeah, I've drawn plenty of things before but I've never drawn anything nearly as perfect as you."

I blushed, "Lauren please. It's too early for this..."

"What? I'm just stating the truth."

"Stop doing that." I whined, "It's barley seven in the morning."

"Fine." Lauren gave in before she changed the subject, "By the way, do I have to sneak out again? You're parents don't know I'm here do they?"

"No they don't but you're not taking the window."

"Why not?"

"Babe you're hand is severely injured."

Lauren furrowed her brows in confusion before she remembered, "Oh, right." She murmured before she brought up, "Listen about last night, I'm sorry you had to deal with that-"