Chapter 3: I dreamed a dream

Start from the beginning

"Which is forgetting," he pointed out.

"I'm really sorry, Sev," I kept on apologizing. "Who's coming?"

"It's just a small gathering so only a handful will be coming. A bunch of our classmates from elementary and a bunch from now," he replied.

There, my Saturday was booked. Thanks to that, it was all I could think about all day. Unfortunately, Seven didn't tell me what the party was going to be ( a casual or a semi-formal) so I had no idea what to wear. I forgot to ask Seven before we separated when we got out of school. "I'll just text him later," I thought.

As I was walking home, I kept imagining Gray running towards me. I just couldn't help it. He was that attached to me that even in hate, I kept thinking of him in a good way. I kept on trying and trying to make him seem bad in my mind but my heart just won't let me.

In order to keep the "Gray-running-towards-me" scenario from happening, I decided to ride the bus. The bus passes by our village so I thought it would be more practical time-wise to ride it, aside from the fact that there was a high probability of me not-seeing Gray because he hated buses.

Thankfully, I didn't have to wait long because just as I was going to sit on the bus-stop bench, the bus pulled over. I went in and sat on the nearest empty seat. I was just beginning to get comfortable when the bus pulled over on my stop. That was a fast bus ride.

"Well, that didn't take too long," I thought to myself, as I got down the bus. I looked around to see if anybody else went down from the bus, aside from me but there was none. "I guess I'm the lone bus rider who lives here."

While looking around, something caught my eye: A person, not too far away from me. The person was very familiar. When he got close enough, I saw who he was - Gray. He caught me looking at him which surprised him. Just as our eyes met, he stopped in his tracks. He just stood there and stared at me. I, too, was staring at him and I didn't know why.

Of course, I knew I had to get away as soon as possible because we couldn't possibly meet like this. I snapped out of my gaze. I turned away then ran for my life. I was running so fast that it seemed like a zombie invasion was happening. I felt stupid and pathetic. I could hear him shout, "Snow, wait!" but I ignored him. I arrived home sweaty and tired. I was panting like crazy.

"What happened? What were you running from?" Mom asked, flustered by what she was seeing. She tried to open the door that I was covering but I stopped her.

"Mom, don't open the door. Just don't!" I exclaimed, still panting, sweat trickling from my face to my body. "If someone knocks by the name of Gray, tell him I'm not home."

"Why? What's wrong with you and Gray?" Mom asked with a very curious yet concerned face but still flustered. She also kept wiping her apron on my sweaty face.

"Just please, tell him to go home, please," I begged her. I knew I looked pathetic being sweaty and panting and begging at the same time but it had to be done.

"Okay, okay, but please, explain everything to me later," she said. "Go to your room and change."

I went to my room hoping Mom would abide by what I asked her. While changing, I never heard any knocks or calls so I became rest assured that Gray didn't bother. After changing, I went back down and talked to Mom. I told her everything, my feelings for Gray, the supposed reconciliation night, everything.

"Come here, Cassidy," Mom said, as she opened her arms, opting for an embrace.

Tears started falling from my eyes. I just couldn't help it. Emotions rushed through me. I acknowledged Mom's embrace. It felt good to finally have someone who really cared. I should've gone to my mom sooner.