Chapter 17

Your P.O.V

When I woke up, I was still freezing cold, and on rock hard ground.

I rolled over, but saw emerald green again.

I swear to Irene.

It was Travis.

"Why were you sleeping on the floor of a basement?" He asked. I turned around so that I wasn't facing him.

What do I say? I don't want him to worry! What do I do?

I stayed quiet, I couldn't think of a reasonable excuse.

"Hello? Earth to (Y/N)?" He said. I kept my mouth shut.

I saw him out of the corner of my eye. He looked hurt.

I want to hug him and tell him everything's okay! But I just...

can't.

"It's fine. You don't have to tell me..." He trailed off. I nodded and faced him.

"How'd you find me?" I asked. "Oh. I just followed your aura." He said with a smile.

It's a fake smile.

There was still a hint of sadness in his eyes.

"So, I was just leaving to get back to the island. I wanted to know if you'd like to come with me." He said with his hand outstretched.

I stared at his hand for a moment before slowly grabbing it. He helped me up, and I nodded.

"I just need to talk to Eliot." I said before running out of the basement as fast as I could to escape the situation.

When I reached Zoey's room, Eliot was patiently waiting for me on his bed with a bandage wrapped around his head.

"Hey buddy!" I said. He smiled when he saw me and hugged me.

"You're okay! I thought you got hurt!" He said while burying his face in my leg.

I smiled and held the back of his head. "I'm fine, but you've got some explaining to do." I said as he looked up at me.

We sat down on the bed, and he looked down.

"Did you know about what happened? Had you... done that before?" I asked. He slowly nodded and continued to look away.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked. He looked up at me and I noticed that he was crying.

"B-Because mommy and daddy got hurt when I told people!" He said and buried his face into my chest.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and continued to sob into my chest.

"I don't want to lose you too! I already lost my first family!" He said between cries.

I pat the back of his head while he let it out.

"But where did it come from?" I asked. He looked up with watery eyes and spoke.

"My daddy."

I slowly nodded and continued to soothe him.

"Daddy had a bow and arrow too, and he used it so bad guys couldn't hurt us. But one day, the bad guys got daddy, and he gave me this before he left." Eliot said before showing me a ring.