Chapter 13

Your P.O.V

After some struggle against Chad and an angry familiar, I decided to wait outside while Aphmau and the witch, who's name is Hyria, attended to some business.

I was outside looking at the familiars with Chad when Aphmau walked out of the house.

Where'd her ears go?!

I ran up to her with wonder. "What happened to your ears?!" I asked. She chuckled and showed me an orb. "They're in here, if I smash it, I get them back." She said. I was still pretty confused, but she walked over to Chad to talk to him.

After saying goodbye to Hyria, we were on our way.

As Aphmau was taking us back to the group, I jumped into a tree and started to jump from tree to tree until Aph stopped.

"What are you doing?" She asked me. "I don't want to risk being seen, so I'm in the trees." I said. She nodded and looked as if she just had an idea. "Can you pull me up?" She asked. I thought about before shrugging and I nodded my head.

After getting to a smaller tree, I grabbed her hand and pulled her on to the branch.

We shared a glance before jumping from tree to tree again.

While I was good at it because I was used to it, Aphmau was making a whole lot of noise from almost falling a few times.

"The point of this is to be quiet! You don't want to get cau-" I was cut off from a voice. "She had to have gone that way!" A female voice said. Aphmau's eyes widened. "It's Katelyn."

As Aphmau was getting ready to jump down, we heard a crack. Aphmau looked up at me as her branch broke from beneath her.

She fell to the ground and started groaning before I gracefully landed on one knee. "You should've seen your face!" I said while laughing my head off.

"Shut up!" Aphmau said back. I was laughing so hard that my eyes were closed and I didn't see the clump of mud that she threw at me before it was too late.

"Dang it!" I yelled as my hood was drenched in dirt. It was Aphmau's turn to laugh. I sighed before taking my hood off and trying to rub the mud off.

"That's what you get!" Aphmau said before she stopped laughing and looked behind me. I followed her gaze and saw that the group was staring at us with amazement.

I chuckled before secretly grabbing a clump of dirt and helping Aphmau up. The second she was done dusting herself off, I shoved my handful of mud on the top of her head.

While she was busy panicking about her hair, I heard a voice.

"Who are you?" Someone asked. I turned around to face them, and their eyes widened.

It was Travis.

"(Y-Y/N)?" He said with disbelief. I nodded. "In the flesh!" I responded with glee. "This is some sick dream!" Katelyn said with fear.

I walked up to her and pinched her ear. "Ow! What was that for?!" She asked while holding her ear.

"Well, it's not a dream." I said as I was engulfed in a huge hug. I opened my eyes to see Katelyn and Travis hugging the air out of me.

-------Time Skip------

"So that's where you've been all this time!" Katelyn said as I finished telling them the story. "That must've been hard..." Travis said with sadness. "Eh. Not exactly. When I joined the guild life got better." I replied as we kept walking around the forest.

We soon saw a small piece of light in the distance and bolted for it at lightning speed.

When we reached it, it turned out to be an exit.