Chapter 1

Hi, I'm back! Now, I've been rereading my book, and I think that I should redo my first chapter because it didn't seem that great and I realized how much it sounded like someone else's chapter in their book, so I've decided to fix mine so I don't run into any complications. I hope you enjoy, and if not, sucks to be you.✌️️

---------------------------------------------

My feet were in a pool of ice water as I paraded through the snow, water leaking into my boots and numbing my feet to the point where they might fall off my foot.

My breaths came out in clouds that I watched until they disappeared into the air.

I shook my head, thinking about how stupid I looked when I kept looking up and down over and over again.

I heard a rustle in the bushes that were a few paces next to me, and I whipped my head around, grabbing the handle of my sword and unsheathing it.

The white powder that once formed a perfectly smooth surface on the bush was now smothered and filed with cracks and holes as I shoved my sword into the bush, stabbing who or whatever was in there.

When I lifted my blade, it was going through the body of a chicken.

Its wings were hanging limply at its sides, and blood was dripping from my blade and onto my hand.

"Oh great." I sarcastically muttered before flinging the carcass off my sword.

My head practically shook itself and I put my sword back in its sheath.

A few more steps led me to a frozen stream, and I tried to walk across it.

I picked a stone path that ran through the middle, but to my dismay, I took a misstep, and the ice cracked.

"Oh shi-" I got cut off as something wrapped around my wrist.

I whipped my head, prepared to stab whatever grabbed me, but my hand froze around the handle of my sword as I saw a guy.

His hair was as white as the snow falling around us, and his eyes were an almost impossible shade of green.

He pulled me up back onto a stone, and gripped his jacket as my feet started slipping.

"You okay?" I heard him ask, and I slowly nodded.

I probably wouldn't have died from the water, but if I had fallen in, the cold might've been too much for my body to handle.

We hopped along the remaining stones, and when we got to the other side, I ripped my arm out of his hand.

"Thanks." I murmured before walking away. To my dismay, I heard his footsteps following mine until he was next to me.

"Where are you going?" I heard him ask. "I don't know." Was all I said before picking up my pace. He followed in suit.

"What do you mean 'I don't know'?" He asked, and gave him a 'really' look. "It means, I don't know." I said before walking even faster. He mirrored my legs and kept up.

"You should know where you're going, you know." He said with a smile. "You could get lost." He finished.

I shrugged took a narrow turn through a clump of bushes.