A Mother's Love

Harry POV
~
Love-making and fucking are two different things. One is something that you share with your partner to express your feelings of love and the other is something that's done with lust and want. For Evelyn and I, both of them have been present during the moments in our strange "relationship".

After our kiss, I figured that one of those things would happen, but it didn't. We laid together in silence for a while and somehow, I was satisfied. It may have been quiet but my heart felt like a drum being abused with a stick and I was surprised that Evelyn did not hear. Her small hands laid in my rough ones. They were so soft and delicate looking. Her beautiful, vibrant, emerald eyes looked at me with a sense of love and peace before they closed to sleep. It felt like it was 2013 again where I had someone who made me feel like I was on cloud 9, except this time, I didn't I fall to ground zero and explode.

This feeling that roamed my mind and body is something sweet and special. Evelyn's kiss, the warm sun rays hitting my skin, and the soft bed holding the two of us; it's made me feel complete in a way. I never wanted this moment to disappear. If I had the power to, I would stop time at this very moment so that it could last for eternity. Unfortunately, I had to get up and recover from the insane day that happened hours ago.

I push myself up from the bed, carefully and quietly enough so that Evelyn wouldn't wake up. After coming out successful at this little objective, I crept downstairs and realized how bad yesterday turned out to be. The whole living room and a kitchen were completely trashed. Glass, porcelain, silverware and other things such as pictures frames and a few vases were shattered and broken. I sighed.

"Better start cleaning this shit up," I say to myself and begin to do just as that.

About two hours later, everything is clean again. Of course, I'll have to buy new plates and glasses but it's not a huge problem to me. I can easily buy more when my next check comes in. Speaking of such things, it's Thursday and the mailman should have come by already, I slip on my shoes and throw on a small coat as I decide to have a small adventure to my mail box.

I open the door and there before me is the earth and everything built on top of it still covered in blankets of snow. The only things that remained cleared of snow were the driveways and the main road. A few children play in one yard, making snowmen and others throw the fluffy, white, substance at one another while laughing. I smile and I look at them for a second before putting my attention back on the mailbox.

Once there, I open it and see that a few envelopes inside. I pull them out and quickly go through them. The first three are just bills but when I see the fourth, another smile appears on my face. Quickly, I head inside and lock the door behind me. I stare at the fourth letter happily as the words 'Elizabeth C. Styles' lay on the paper in black ink.

Despite being known as a murderer for years, I guess a mother's love is unconditional. Like every letter from her that I have received in the past, it contained money and pages that resembled a short summary of what has happened lately with our family and more. I silently read the small bundle of letters before shoving the money in my pockets.

It was just mum saying how much she and the family miss me. Everyone but she thinks I'm still dead thanks to Niall - who is the mastermind behind why that is believed. For what is occurring in everyone's daily lives as of now, my sister is married and pregnant, my family's status is even greater despite my actions, and my mother's speaks of expanding their home a bit once more. The more I think about my family, the more I have to stop myself from crying my eyes out. After finishing two of the papers, I placed them in a drawer in the kitchen along with a stack full of others.

I miss my mother and my other family too, but I can't cry over them right now. I need to do something else to take my mind off of everything. Perhaps some pancakes and morning talk shows will me this time. I found my skillets and utensils, as well as the ingredients to make something to eat. Right then, I begin to cook.