Chapter 19 - Signing The Contract

Start from the beginning

I patiently watched her walk to her home, making sure she got there safely. Once she had arrived to her home, I left.

-

-

Kayla's POV:

I let out a groan as my alarm clock annoyingly went off.

I turned off, before 'resting' my eyes again. I snapped them open noticing 10 minutes had gone by but really it felt like 30 seconds.

-

Slipping on some work appropriate clothes, which meant a pencil skirt with a blouse.

-

Scanning my ID card to get into the building, a new feature that had been added 3 days ago for safety reasons. The warm air took over my body once I entered.

I clocked in and went up to the 12th floor. Unlocking my office door I set my stuff down, deciding to get some coffee.

Pouring some cream and sugar into my coffee, I stirred it with the small skinny red straw and stuck the lid on the coffee cup.

The warm liquid went down my throat, waking me up. I knew most people were here since there office lights were on.

I walked by Austin's Office, I could tell it was pitch black inside meaning he wasn't here yet.

-

There was loud chaos outside my office, making me curious on what was going on.

I could hear Kelsey frustratedly talking on the office phone. Oh great some rude consumer.

There were files scattered all over in the lounge desk area.

"Do you speak French?" She asked, covering her hand on the speaker. I nodded, I had taken French in high school.

She handed me the phone letting me take over.

-

I set the phone into the receiver. "What was the problem?" She asked. Gathering up the files.

"Apparently the wrong shipment was sent to them. Wasn't much of a tragedy. Don't see why they couldn't call costumer service" I shook my head, they called our headquarters, which meant they called us.

I instructed them for the changes they wanted. I had lunch just a little while ago and I really wanted to take my break, not wanting to work. I loved my job, but the people I had to deal with sometimes made my blood boil. Must be harder for Austin.

Getting up from my office chair, I walked out, noticing most people were on their break, chatting with their colleagues.