Shy | JAMES | Pt. 1

Words: 1159

Warnings: mild cursing, tipsyness, and thigh touches

I had a very hard time incorporating the fact that she was Tate Langdon's younger sister but I tried my best and just used the foster care cliché. Otherwise, this was a good write in my opinion(still could be better). Also, since I was asked to have James fall in love with her, I decided that would take some time so this is going to be a two-shot.

It was my twenty first birthday which meant I could legally drink until I'm drunk off of my ass. I wasn't really one for clubbing and partying in the first place being raised as a firm believer that you don't need alcoholic beverages to have fun be it alone or with a group of friends and not to mention that I was really shy and somewhat of an introvert. But nonetheless I was going to stay a week or so in the Hotel Cortez because I thought I should have my birthday week all to myself. I never knew who my parents were. For as long as I could remember I was in the system going from foster home to foster home. All I knew was that my last name was Langdon.

I had a bag packed up with everything I would need to survive one week at the hotel and was on my way. When I opened the front door I was greeted by a red and gold scenery. It was sleek but had a bit of a retro vibe. The woman at the front desk, who I came to know as Iris because she was called over by a cross dressing man, gave me my key. She looked quite miserable and monotone. It boggled my pretty little mind how someone could be so miserable while in such a beautiful environment.

Walking, over to the elevator I heard a voice behind me. "The elevator is down today, miss. You'll have to take the stairs," said the miserable lady, Iris. "Oh, thank you, ma'am," I replied, trying to be as kind as possible. I rerouted towards the stairs and looked at my key to find the room number, room sixty four. I made a bee line down the hallway, taking in my surroundings. There were a few people that I encountered. One lady with red hair and a maid's outfit waved at me with a toothy grin while cleaning what looked like bloody sheets. "Accident in room fifty one, miss." I nodded and decided to not question it and come to the disgusting conclusion that an unlucky woman got her time of the month.

I carried on through the winding hallway and see yet another woman but this time with short blonde hair that looked fried to a crisp. She also had a cigarette in between her fingers and blew some smoke into the air which in return made my nose scrunch because of the smell. On my long journey to my room I saw yet another person. This time, however, it was a man. He had the very "original" fuck boy hair which was a brown which was complimented with a very sharp jawline. I flashed him one of my pretty smiles (just to look like I wasn't judging the hell out of him) and he gave me a dirty look and carried on which made me curse at him under my breath. Eventually reaching my room, I unlocked it and began to soak in the interior. It was big and very beautiful, indeed.

My thoughts were interrupted when there was a knock on the door. I put my bag beside the bed and hurried to the door. When I opened it I was greeted with the sight of a young man, maybe in his mid-twenties, with blackish-brown slicked back hair and an old fashioned mustache and suit. "May I help you, sir?" I asked, wondering why this random man came to my room without any form of notice. "Actually, I was just checking up on our newest guest," he ensured. "Ah, I see. Well if you have any question for me feel free to ask," I reassured. He paused for a moment before saying, "You look like you need a drink. How would you like to meet me at the bar. Six o'clock?" he asked. "Uh, sure," I answered. I had nothing better to do and I had barely any friends. "Great, I'll see you there," he said before turning and making his way out of the door. I closed the door and laid down on my bed to take a short nap.

Once I woke up, it was about ten minutes until I had to be at the bar with.. wait.. what was his name? During all of our conversion I had still failed to retrieve the handsome man's name. Looking in the mirror, I realized you looked like I just woke up, and I did just wake up. I quickly brushed your hair and brushed my teeth just to make sure I looked fresher.

I managed to make it to the bar in due time and sit on one of the stools. The cross dresser made her way to me. "May I help you?" she asked. "Uh, yes please. One martini, please?" I answered as I laid money on the counter. "Keep the change." I felt a presence on the stool that was just next to me. "Hello.." I said as I drawled out my greeting for I didn't know his name. "James. James Patrick March. What is your name, beautiful?" he asked with a grin that showed his dimples. "Y/N." I felt as if my blush covered my entire face. No man had ever called me beautiful before and certainly no one as handsome. "So, Y/N. Tell me about yourself," he pondered. "Well.. I'm twenty one years old, I like a lot of music, and uh.. I'm staying here for one week," I finished just as the bartender gave me my martini. "How about you?" "Oh, darling, there's not much to know about me. I'm more focused on you," he said as he leaned his head on hand.

Now I was flattered. I had never been treated like this before and I was pretty sure that my face was beet red. "You're the flirty type.. aren't you?" I inquired. "That's up to you, dear," he smirked as he put a hand on my thigh. My body tensed as he came in contact with me. He must have known this because he soon removed his had. "Am I making you uncomfortable?" he questioned. "Oh, no no. I'm just not used to that kind of touching," I said, putting him at ease.

After that, we both began to joke around and drink more until we both were tipsy. "It's late, you best be on your way to bed before you end up getting even more drunk." I giggled. "Haha, yeah. Care to walk me back?" "But of course, milady," James joked which I laughed at as I grabbed onto the arm he offered you. After reaching my room, I turned to James. "Tonight was really fun, James. I would definitely do this again," I grinned. "As would I," James agreed. We both said your goodbyes and parted ways. I merrily went to my bed with my precious mind filled with thoughts of the night.