✧ 1 1 ✧

. D A N I E L ' S . I N T E R R O G A T I O N .

We walked up to the next mirror and I swear my heart almost stopped when I saw who was in it. J. Daniel Atlas sat casually in his seat. Noticing my pause, both Alma and Dylan turned to me.

"Are you okay?" Dray asked and I nodded with a forced smile.

"Fine." I replied. She nodded and opened the door. I followed the pair in stiffly, though I could feel Dylan's questioning gaze on my back as I stood besides him in front of Daniel.

He grinned at me. "Ah, Agents." He greeted happily. "I have something to tell you, Agent Ellis or can I still call you Ellie?" Daniel smirked at me and I raised a cold eyebrow, not letting my face change from it's stony impression.

"How the hell do you know her name?" Dylan growled.

"What is it, Atlas?" I asked, though my voice kept it monotonous and steady pace.

"What happened to 'Danny'?" He raised an eyebrow but Dylan jumped in before I could answer.

"Wai-Wait what!?" He spat and turned to me. "This is Danny? The Danny!?" He turned to glare at the magician.

"Seem as though I have a reputation around here." He mused.

"A reputation to be a cheating asshole." I glared harshly. His smirk dropped and he looked down guiltily at his handcuffs, tugging on them slightly.

"That must be why these are a bit too tight." He mumbled to himself and I rolled my eyes and tugged at the chair in front of him before sitting in it, opening his file. "I didn't do it." He said quietly. I paused my reading and looked up at him for a second before my eyes skimmed over the words again, though I wasn't paying any attention to them. "I didn't cheat on you."

"Oh God, Daniel, you're not in here for that." I groaned and leant forward, laying my hands on the metal table, my tone dead serious. "You're in here because you robbed a bank in Paris from Vegas in front of a live audience. How?"

"The reason I was so secretive with you was because I was doing this."

"You're not answering my question." I told him blankly and he scoffed.

"Of course I'm not going to answer your question." He waved off the idea, his handcuffs jingling as he did so. "The woman you heard laugh? That was Henley Reeves, I'm sure she's in another room by this point. Jack and Merritt were over that night as well." I kept the hard expression on my face. "I would never cheat on you, Ellie, if you know anything about me you'd know I'd never do that to you. I love you-" My eyes widened and I lent back. Dylan cut it, obviously seeing my resolve slipping away as I swallowed a lump in my throat.

"Look here you little runt," Daniel's brows raised and he lent back in mock surprise. "That stuff? It doesn't matter because even if you didn't cheat on her you're in her interrogation room right now. Now answer the question, smart ass."

Daniel raised his hands in defence. "Alright. Sorry, sorry, sorry." He moved over, sliding the pack of cards he was playing with over to me, though I already have enough in my house left by him, his cuffed wrist bumping against Rhodes' pepsi. "You can keep that." He winked at me. "Don't share it with him." Atlas then gestured to Dylan.

. M E R R I T T ' S . I N T E R R O G A T I O N .

"It says here you are a mentalist." Dylan read stiffly from the file, Merritt hummed. "What exactly is mentalism?" Rhodes said, pronouncing 'mentalism' as 'mental-ism,' sounding each syllable out.

"Tricks, mostly. Um, some science. Targeted guessing might be a most apt description.

Along with some intuition and the occasional..." He dropped his head into his hands, gripping it tightly and he grunted out, "Voices in my head." He looked back up at us with a chuckle.