◆ 10 ◆

The two associate a 5 year old and the best milkshakes in town.

"Pril, you are going to be the death of me."

"I take that as something pleasurable Max."

That afternoon, 2 weeks after the incident in Chamomile, Max had called April with all the enthusiasm he could muster during the morning's tiring babysit with his neighbor's kid.

"Apriiiiiiil."

"Are you still babysitting that 5 year old with the blue eyes and dark hair? Why can't I remember his name?"

"Because Mrs. Torch liked long syllables as she said and unfortunately named her son as Altrubus Jonathan Torch. And insisted calling him that with the whole first and middle name. But he's still cute."

"Lemme guess. You call him Altie."

"You know me so well love. I call him AJ."

"That's horrible."

"You're horrible. In a not so attractive way. Oh great now he wants to talk to you."

"By not so attractive are you saying I am the epitome of the blistering heat emmitting from the sulfur ball that scorches these barren la- Eppelher! You did not just hang up on me!"

Huffing, April tied her hair in a tight but but messy ponytail, tendrils hanging out loosely and her face a visage of determination.

■■■■■

"What the - April!" Max's voice reverberated in the large, empty ballroom the two, or shall I say three, people were located in.

A small giggle was heard behind the comical scene of April attempting to drag Max by pulling his wrist wih both hands, and completely failing.

Max only looked bored, and evey second or two, exaggerated yawns emitted out of him, winking every so often to AJ.

" Oh come on! You owe me something to eat, because I'm starving! And that kid can come too! Nobody hangs up on April Coleen Foster!" April huffed and huffed but still couldn't get Max to even shuffle hid feet. She gave up and slumped to the floor, her face of pure defeat.

Appearing before her were a pair of electric blue eyes, and a set of the cutest dimples you'd ever seen. "Hi. I'm Alrubus Jowathon. You're the girl named Prilly!"

"See, even the poor kid can't even say his own name right, I pity him so much." Max was then earned with a sharb jab in the ribs after April stood up, and her attention shifted back to AJ.

"Is it okay if I call you AJ?" April's eyes were filled with warmth and Altrubus Jonathon thought her voice was as smooth as honey.

"Only if I call you pumpkin." AJ replied, showing April a toothy grin, thrn scrunched his face up snd corrected himself. "Oops. I meant hona, not pumpkin."

April gave a questioning look to Max, who only replied with a shrug and whispered, "Mrs. Torch said she always wanted to have a perfect British accent. I caught her preparing with h's today. She's failing."

Laughing, the three waltzed out the Torch's mansion linking arms wih AJ in the middle, all the while telling his two new tall friends of dibo the dragon.

"Remember Eppelher, I want a strawberry milkshake, and you're paying." April tried not to snort, but failrd to do so and ugly cackles escaped her.

"What's so funny, hona?" AJ asked, his eyes widening and teeth showing themselves.

"Oh nothing. It's just that Max's uncle is the owner of Papa Shake and he never really charges us, but that's only if Max is around." April explained as she bent down to AJ's level.

"What she's saying is that I'm his favorite nephew, AJ." Max retorted.

"Shut up you knucklehead you're his only nephew." April said, and a gleam appeared in her eye, which strangely excited Max.

"Ooh, language Pril, 5 year old here. When did you become so feisty?" His tone was playful, and he gave her a light push to the shoulders.

"Only since I've been getting free milkshakes and fries."

"Only for you, apparently,  I'd do anything."

Both teenagers got quiet after that, the conversation going into whatever deeper depth that was, but thankfully AJ broke the tension.

"We're here! I want the booberry ice cream! Please?! Please?! Please?!" AJ's smile was so bright the two couldn't resist but order 3 more scoops for the precious child.