◆ 1 ◆

April Coleen Foster's first encounter with Max Eppelher.

"Holy shiznits he's hot."

"That's as alarming as the first 57 times you've informed me April." Maya said in a flat voice as she took a sip from her latte.

"Oops. But he still is. Right?"

Cheeks slightly reddened, April ducked her head, worried that she might've been caught staring.

Fortunately he was still in line, his back turned slightly to them, the only view of him was his glasses and an irritated look on his face.

"He's probably the total opposite of you, because, if you haven't noticed yet honey, he looks like the type who'd probably glare at you until you erupt in flames."

"Don't opposites attract?" April said in her always quiet tone, but there was gleam in her eye.

"Of course Cole dear, my butt cheeks totally love the idea of smooching my freaking face."

April furrowed her eyebrows, not only at the gross comment but with the horrid nickname of her middle name, giving her cousin a disgusted look, which only made Maya laugh.

"Look, considering the fact that not only am I your cousin but your bestie, I suggest you go talk to him instead or rattling off about his oh so gorgeous raven black hair and his glimmering brown eyes and his perfect bu-"

"I'd like to cut you off right there May."

With that, Maya simply shook her head. It was fun to see her cousin blush at the mere sight of a boy, but she was still slightly confused as to why he caught April's attention.

"April," She started, "So many guys are into you, and by guys I mean the ones with greek god bodies and luscious wavy hair, not to mention the arm veins, but why let your heart be snatched by that," she paused to think of the right word, "Boy that looks like he could kill someone wih hs bare hands and messy hair with gigantic glasses?"

April bit her lip, giving Maya a nervous look.

"I...I don't know." Tilting her head up, she caugh sight of whom they were talking about, his back to them. "He's just different. He's pulling me. His aura, or whatever." Quickly, she shut her mouth. Pink tainted her cheeks.

He was at the cashier, paying for what seems to be tea and some soup.

His hair was tousled messily, as if he couldn't care less at what people thought of it, some strands falling onto his face.

When he turned around, her breath hitched on her throat.

His glasses were huge, thick black frames against his face, a long nose dusted lightly with freckles, and a slight scowl resting on his lips.

Chocolate brown eyes looked back at hers, a stormy grey.

Their gazes locked for what seemed to be centuries, but only 2 seconds in reality.

She tried not to think about the way his eyes widened only a teensy bit when they made eye contact.