"No, I cooked it." I said. "Oh, cool." He shrugged.

"Y'all don't know how ta' tell ya' mama thank you fa' cooking? She ain't have ta' cook fa' y'all since she just got home yesterday." August spoke.

"August, that's fine. They don't-" He cut me off. "Yeah, they do. Lyric was taught manners when she was a baybeh and me and ya' mama raised the boys ta' be the same way. I'on know what they thought this was."

"Thank you, mommy!" Lyric yelled, being extra and loud as she was when she was younger. That made my heart warm seeing her do that. When you haven't been around a child for so long, you expect them to detach themselves from you emotionally especially at thirteen but Lyric is still the same person she was when I was putting beads in her hair. As for the boys, they gave me what I was expecting. They treated me like what I was to them, a stranger.

"Thanks." They spoke blandly.

Everyone ate in silence, but it felt awkward. I know I gave birth to the three children at the table and married to the man beside me, but I didn't feel like I was part of the family. I felt like a guest but what could I expect? I didn't expect everything to be the exact same but this was something I wasn't prepared for. I don't think I was prepared for life on the outside of those prison walls.

"Sooo," I said, awkwardly attempting to start a conversation. "What do you usually do on Sundays?"

"Nothing." All three of the kids said in using causing August to laugh. He obviously knew that it was true. Sundays for the family were usually boring before and I guess August just so happened to keep it that way for ten years.

"Well, since I haven't been able to spend time with you like I wanted, how about a day out to the park at least? I know that's not the most fun, but I wanna be able bond with y'all."

"Umm, I don't know." Kenneth said in a high-pitched tone that basically said it all. Lyric didn't reply since she was so busy on her phone and Kendrick just went along with whatever Kenneth said.

"Oh," I said, feeling a bit more defeated than I already had. "okay, we don't have to go."

After breakfast, I washed the dishes and went in the living room to see what new shows they had on TV. All of them were stupid and looked like some scripted reality shows so I just went on to watch the news.

"Woman charged with murder of another woman who she says was her husband's mistress. Moral of the story: Stop messing with married men." The female news reporter said. I noticed August give me this strange look I'd never seen before before he started to stare out the living room window. Not even five minutes later, the doorbell rung and August jumped up to answer it. I didn't know who it was but I hoped it was my mother, I needed someone to comfort me through this. I don't think my kids love me and I don't know how to feel. I want to be understanding and keep trying but it's something inside that's hurting me and it wants that love I feel like I deserve. After all, I literally ruined my life protecting them. Having to beat the shit out of Susie for Lyric and beat the shit out of Briana for the twins, since she was trying so bad to get August in trouble knowing he had two newborn children and a toddler. I'm not blaming anyone for my mistakes but dammit I lost my 20's to the jail system and I'm back, ready to be the wife and mother I intended to be but it's hard when your kids aren't warmed up to you.

August slowly opened the door and gave whoever it was an awkward greeting. I heard a female voice, which I wasn't bothered by since he needed to have fun while I was gone but I needed him to know that he needs to dead whatever relationship(s) he has with these women.

"Are you gonna let me in or what? My feet are killing me." She complained. He awkwardly looked at me then back to her. He didn't have a chance to respond before the twins ran to the door. "Mommy!" They screamed causing my heart to shatter in a million pieces. I thought my mom said they didn't call anyone mommy and that no other women were around the kids. The woman finally walked in and I seen the girl from yesterday. She walked in the living room and took a seat as if she didn't see me and started chatting with the kids, even Lyric.

"Tatyanna, this is Missy. Missy, this is Tatyanna." He said. Damn, I'm just Missy now. Not Missy, your wife. I thought to myself. She flipped her long, thick jet-black hair over her shoulder before flashing her perfect smile and waving. I forced an awkward smile and waved back.

Just by the way August was acting, I could tell that she held some sort of title in his life. Not only that, the kids adored her so she had to have been around all the time especially if they're calling her mommy. "Hold on," she told Kendrick who was trying to show her something on his tablet. "let me get comfortable."

She pulled off her heels and rubbed her feet against the carpet. She then pulled off her jacket, revealing a baby bump. "Missy, look!" I heard Kendrick shout. "Mommy's having a baby and it's gonna be our little sister. I'm so happy!" He said excitedly while rubbing her round belly. I looked over at August who held his head down in shame.

"August..." My voice trembled as I spoke. I didn't even know what to say but he quickly started explaining. I couldn't really understand what he was saying. His voice started to fade out before my vision became blurry and eventually pitch black.

-----------------------

Quick note: I don't know if anyone will notice but before writing the third installment, I wanted to improve on my writing, which I know I did, before I just threw something together. Honestly, with the first two books, that's what I feel like they are - Just some shit I threw together. BUT I love those stories simply b/c their my only finished works. I cherished those & updated them more than once a day. Meanwhile, I will not be doing that with this story simply b/c I wanna take more time writing it and actually make it worth it. I learned that planning your story out will get you so much further, but I won't take forever.

ALSO: There's a story I want y'all to read, it's called Dr. Anthony but it's on @ikidnappedaugust page b/c she came up with it and I'm just the one who's working on it. Check that out for me and tell me what you think.

Love you guys soo much (some of you), smooches, mwaaah! *inserts kissy face emoji*