Interview with D S Jamison

Start from the beginning

I think I got it into my head somehow that when I saw the website about Strawberry Wine with all the film links that you had written a screenplay. Well now you that you are looking into undertaking a course, maybe I just had a vision lol.

5.) Are you city girl or a country girl at heart and where to you
currently lay your hat countryside or town?

I was born in the city, then after I married my husband we moved to a quaint suburb. Now we're in what I call "convenient country". We sit on an acre and a half of land in the middle of a national forest but there are houses nearby. I would do horrible living in the deep country, that's just not for me. I like to get up and go and if I have to drive a long way to get there I get irritated. I like everything to be relatively close. Chances are, when I'm out running errands I'll forget something so I'll have to go back out again!

I'd like to move further out and have some land when my daughter finishes her education but like you, I don't want to be in deep country either.

6.) Can you remember how it first felt when you first found out your
book was being featured?

I felt ecstatic! Chasing Neverland was the first story I ever started on Wattpad and I just couldn't believe my good fortune. The plot is a play off of Peter Pan, but not the Peter Pan people typically think of. I've learned so much about writing since completing that manuscript and someday I'd love to go back and rewrite it.

I think a lot of writers feel like that, as you learn so much on your writing journey.

7.) Did it make a great deal of difference to your reads and did you get
more comments.

Yes, it absolutely it did make a difference, especially the first two weeks of being featured. Ironically, I've had two stories featured now and they are my stories with the fewest reads! Just goes to show you never can tell how readers find you. There is still so much about Wattpad that's a mystery to me.

8.) Have you enjoyed being an Ambassador and what do you feel you have learned from this role?

I love being an Ambassador. Wattpad has a very special place in my heart and it's rewarding knowing I can give back to the community that has given so much to me. I wish I could be more involved, but there are just not enough hours in the day. I would say the biggest thing I've learned in this role is how important it is for all of us to work together to keep Wattpad happy and safe.

9.) When did you start writing? Your blog says you have written since you were a child and love reading books.

I did write as a child. I drew picture books before I knew how to write, and then as I grew older I made silly stories about my friends. I'd always dreamed of writing a book and when I was little I used to slide my homemade stories in between books at my local library. For a while there, I even had a "newspaper" I dropped off to the librarians every week. They must have thought I was nuts! Then the older I became the more I fell away from storytelling. I did a very small amount in the years before I found Wattpad but it wasn't until I opened an account that I decided to sit down and see what I could do. It was the first time in a long time I'd written creatively.

10.) What crazy routine do you have that helps you write that we don't know about?

Oh gosh, you don't want to know about my routine! I seriously wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I do most of my writing in the middle of the night while I multitask at work. I have a very important job in the medical field, but there is down time and there's only so much reading I can do (believe it or not). My environment is not ideal. I'm exhausted and often times doing five tedious tasks at once and as soon as it slows down I work on my stories. I'm amazed I've written as much as I have to be perfectly honest. I would just love to one day be able to sit in a quiet office I can call my own and write.