Chapter 3

LUCY'S POV

My father finally told me that one of his friends and his son were coming over, Ugh! I hope they arent all full of themselves.

I put on my red dress, i really was not in the mood and i actually expected these people to be snobby like some rich people out there.

DING! DONG!

The doorbell rang which caused both me and my fathers heads to turn, our maid went to get it.

"Welcome to the Heartfilia Mansion" She bowed her head before a man with red hair walked in.

I was ontop of the stairs glancing down since i wanted to see the people before they saw me.

Right behind him though was a young teen with pink spiky hair.

Holy he is hot!

I continued to stare at him, his pink hair, his abs and how fit he was.

Lucy keep yourself together! I scolded myself.

My father shook hands with the man and hugged the teen, Jude lead them to the living room. Slowly they were out of my vision disappearing behind the mansion walls.

I walked down the stairs slowly making sure i dont trip or that would be an utter embarrassment.

 Unfortunately my foot twisted at the last step and before i knew it i tripped.

The ground was getting closer and closer, i shut my eyes waiting for the impact.

When the pain didnt come i peeked my eyes at my surroundings.

I realised i was being held up by the pink haired teen. He was holding me by the waist keeping me steady while our bodies were pressed together, how did he get here so fast wasnt he in the living room?

"Are you ok?" He glanced at my face and immediately his cheeks turned pink.

"Yeah but are you ok?" I touched his face unconsciously trying to figure out if he was real or not.

It only caused his face to turn even more pink once i realised what i was doing i immediately pulled back my hand.

"Yes why wouldnt i be" He glanced at my foot worriedly.

"Your face is a bit pink" I gestured at his face.

"Its nothing really" He turned his face away from me taking deep breaths but soon turned back to look at me his face was no longer pink.

"Hows your foot?" The pink teen bent down and lifted my foot gently off the ground examining it.

"Its not that bad i can still walk" I tried to stand up but i tipped over.

The pink haired teen caught me again on the waist bringing me back on my feet.

"Im sure you can walk" He smirked at me raising an eyebrow.

"Do you mind helping me to the living room?" I grabbed his shoulder for support as i leaned slightly on him.

"Sure" He held my hand as he wrapped his other arm around my arm as support.

My heart was beating really fast at the close distance that was in between us.

"I forgot to ask whats your name?" We were currently walking over to the living room....well he was walking i was limping.

"My names..." We were interrupted by both of our fathers who showed up around the corner.

"Where were you young lady?" My father scolded me but it quickly turned into a smile once he saw that the pink haired teen was helping me stand.

What are they up to?

"Sir she tripped so i helped her get to the living room" The pink haired stranger explained.

"Thank you Natsu" My father replied before him and Natsu's father exchanged a glance but started to smirk.

So Natsu was his name thats a pretty name.

My father and Natsu's started to whisper while gesturing for us to follow them.

"So Natsu's your name" I looked up at him since he was a few inches taller than me, he was still holding me firmly making sure i dont trip.

He gave a simple nod still guiding us behind the adults.

"Whats your name?" He continued to look in front making sure we dont fall behind even though i knew where the living room was.

"Lucy" i replied holding up the back of my dress with one hand.

"Lucy" I heard him mumble my name trying out how it sounded.

We walked in silence with the occasional question on whether we were walking too fast from Natsu.

The living room seemed so far away right now but i guess it could be a good thing.

When we go to the living room Natsu helped me sit down beside my father on one of the several couches.

He went to sit beside his father who was on a couch directly across me and father.

"Jude i think our children have already met each other so lets introduce ourselves" Natsu's father spoke with a huge smile showing off his canines.

"Lucy my name is Igneel Dragneel and this is my son Natsu Dragneel" he gestured at himself than to Natsu.

I nodded in respect and waited for my father to introduce himself.

"My name is Jude Heartfilia and this is my daughter Lucy Heartfilia" Natsu gave a slight nod while staring at me the whole time.

I suddenly felt very self conscious but i shrugged it off.

"Today we brought you two together because we decided that you guys would make a great couple plus it would be good for our companies" Father explained, after he waited to see both of our reactions.

My mouth was hanging while Natsu's eyes widened slightly before he gave a nod.

How is he okay with this?

I stared at him and realised he was clenching his fists and jaw.

"Lucy are you okay?" My father placed a hand on my shoulder with worry in his eyes.

"Yes im very excited" I tried to sound convincing but i dont think my father or any of them believed me because my father cast me an apologetic smile.

"Lucy you know we're doing this for you partially, Natsu is a very nice young man and you cant stay single forever" My father explained while Natsu looked away even though a look of hurt rippled across his face.

"Im fine father really" I placed my hand on his even though tears were threatening to spill out of my eyes.

My father and Natsu's turned to look at Natsu who was clutching the couch so tight his knuckles were turning white.

I really hope this marriage doesnt tear me apart.