Chapter 1

LUCY'S POV

"Hello father what would you like to talk to me about?" I walked casually into his office which was at the very top of the Heartfilia mansion.

My name is Lucy Heartfilia, my father is Jude Heartfilia and my mother is Layla Heartfilia but she died when i was 8. Me and my father live in a mansion which is in our estate since we were tied in the top companies in the world. The mansion was beige on the outside and had a huge garden in front.

"Lucy i just wanted to ask you if you had a boyfriend or if you are dating anyone" He sat behind his huge mahogany desk and glanced up at me from behind his newspaper.

"Uh no is something wrong father" I loved my father dearly and i knew he always tried to do what was best for me but i've learned that everything he says there is a reason behind it.

"Okay then this makes things much easier" he clapped his hands together before folding the newspaper he was reading and placing it on his desk.

"Lucy you may be excused, i have to take a call" He picked up the silver telephone and placed a hand on it waving me off.

"Yes father have a great day" I walked out and into my bedroom which was across the hall.

I wonder what he's planning, i hope he isnt trying to pair me up with someone.

I know im probably more lucky than most people but i really would like to get married to someone i love not someone im married to because of money and power.

My father has been very understanding ever since my mother passed away which in a way is very good but sometimes i want him to be mad not always be so kind to me and not afraid he'll lose me.

I remember i made him angry once but instead of yelling at me he just took deep breaths and told me he would never yell at me because i mattered way too much to him.

I know this sounds absurd but i want him to be himself around me not a clone that is constantly nice too me even when i didnt do anything to deserve it. I want him to when i am bad yell at me not tell me soothing words hoping i'll change.

Luckily for him i turned out into a good person.

"Maybe i should prepare something nice to wear for when i do get to meet him" I mumbled to myself before opening my monster of a wardrobe.

I scrambled through almost everything when i came upon a red dress which was handmade by the best tailor in town.

Father made me get it because he thought that red the colour makes people more attractive. It looks ok and i quite like it except for the fact that the colour was red.........blood red.

Oh well i can't change the colour anyway so why bother complaining.

I dropped the dress on my huge pink bed, next i have to find shoes and jewelary.

Again i searched and searched finally finding a pair of matching red shoes and a ruby necklace.

What else is there to prepare?

My hair! I guess i'll just ask my hair dresser to do my hair.

I still dont know what my father is up to but i am pretty certain that this involves my love life.

I really hope i'll be able to stay single.