Break In's

I don't even know how they made it here from all the way from Maine. "H-how?" I stutter?

"Because, Amarathine, we aren't here at all." Reece exhaled and they faded into the abyss of my dreams.

I shot up from the bed I was lying in. The room was cold but I was sweating. I felt trapped, the midnight imagery seeping into my brain. I look at the time on my phone.

3:40 am. I sighed. My stomach is grumbling. I ignored it. Why haven't I cried yet? My everything is gone and I haven't shed a single tear.

I shook my head as the thought flowed away into my storm of sorrow that was brewing in my brain.

I felt a sudden ache in the pits of my stomach. I sighed. Hunger.

I got off the top of the bed still in my clothes from yesterday. But I couldn't care less. My shoes were still on as I lessened the clamps of them hitting the hardwood floor.

I closed the door to my new room and walked out. I took in my surroundings and let the memories flow.

"Amara, give me back my doll." Mariana cried. "Nope." I said.

"I'll break your new toy car then." She threatened. My eyes widened. And I used the new word I learned that day.

"You're a bitch Ana." I replied.

My mother gave me the biggest spanking I ever had.

I chuckled a bit at the memory. I hated my mother, with each fiber of my body for the next 5 years. And I couldn't help but admit I still do. She's a plain bitch to me.

I grabbed an apple from the fridge and put a mug of water in the microwave. Shitty tea, all for me.

I scoured for a teabag and found chamomile. I smiled.

My favorite.

But my bliss was interrupted by the abrupt knocking on the window. I whipped my head around towards the sink's window and bit back a scream as I saw a crouching dark figure. I stood frozen stupidly as the intruder slid the window pane open.

The figure slipped inside with their back to me. It slowly turned around and I saw the figure was of a male's.

"Mariana?" The figure cried with a raspy voice. And that snapped me out of it. Mariana, my deceased twin.

"You don't just go into someone's house way early in the morning kiddo." I say with a scowl as I head over to the light switch and flick it on.

The boy winced and shield his eyes with his hands.

"And I'm not Mariana, I'm her sister." I unknowingly spit.

"Well I do recall her methionine a twin sister." The added. My eyes scanned the boy, a mop of messy brown hair, thin build, and brilliant brown eyes that stood out on his pale pearly white skin.

 My eyes scanned the boy, a mop of messy brown hair, thin build, and brilliant brown eyes that stood out on his pale pearly white skin

"It's Rhett Marshall by the way." He smiled crookedly. "You?"

"I, unlike you, don't tell my names to people that I absolutely don't know." I retorted. I gave him one more look over. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Amarathine."

"Aw, such a pretty name." He said.

"Sarcasm?" I asked.

"Maybe."