CHAPTER 1 - MATTHEW

The letter.

It's been a week since Maddison's little breakdown about being Alpha and she has not yet said a single word to Angelo, Angelina, our dad's or I since and it broke my heart, she only talked to the youngest of the family, Megan and Alex. I didn't want her hating me or anyone of us, I wasn't even competing, I didn't want to be Alpha and still she didn't talk to me even when I told her that I wasn't taking sides. I don't think she believed me.

"Come on! Is that all you've got!? "I looked up from my book. Maddison growled as she ran right for one of the warriors she was sparing with, he aimed to punch her face and she grabbed his fist, twisted it then pulled it towards her before flipping him over. He growled as she proceeded to break his arm. She stood then, "Who's next!? Huh?"

She was getting a very big head.

I frowned then as our little sister, Angelina who was two years younger than us stepped up with a bounce in her step. The girl was a total princess and she was always happy and smiling. It was rare to ever see her upset. Maddison glared and held her stance.

"I will not be easy, "I heard her whisper threateningly. Angelina giggled and they fought. Surprisingly, Angelina kept her own until Maddison went for the kill and faked a move and got her in the face. Angelina shrieked and Maddison hit her again. Angelina fell down and I stood angrily.

"Hey! "I yelled as she went to hit her again. Maddison snarled dangerously. I put my book down and ran over to Angelina who whimpered. I knelt beside her and stared at her bruised, battered and bleeding face. I felt myself get really mad. She was being completely unnecessary. I helped Angelina up and kissed her forehead. "Go inside, alright?" She nodded and looked back at Maddison with a frown.

I turned to glare at her.

"What? She will heal. "I scowled.

"We get that you are mad, OK? But you don't need to take it out on everyone." She growled.

"Don't give me that bullshit, Matthew. "She spat. I glared then.

"Fine, you are angry? OK, how about you take on someone your own size?" I shifted my legs apart and bent them slightly for balance. She smirked and did the same.

"Fine, but I feel sorry for that pretty little face of yours which will take a century to he-"her head flew back as my punch landed straight on her nose. She gasped then and stumbled, I tilted my head a little. My hand stung a bit but I ignored it, careful not to show the slight discomfort.

"You want to talk? Or you want to keep proving how strong you are? "She panted and sniffed and cracked her neck. She got back into position and I looked at all her weak points.

"You are going to regret that." She whispered. She waited for my first move. I moved to the side and she aimed her foot to kick at my side, I crouched and slid my foot out, tripping her. I stood and waited for her to stand. She came hard at me, she was getting cocky, too cocky, throwing punches left right and centre. I was on autopilot, dodging every chance.

Her fist flew to my face and I moved to the side and grabbed her wrist and thrusting my fist for her elbow. She howled as it bent in the wrong direction. I punched her stomach and she fell down. I stood over her as she wailed silently in pain.

"Don't get so cocky, you become predictable. "I advised walking away and shaking my hand out. I paused as my dad stood at the top of the stairs leading into the house. He winked at me, a proud glint in his eye.

"The council answered. I have news." He said and motioned for me to stand. I turned to see Maddison being helped by various pack members.

-----

"So, the council sent us a reply on our situation this morning." Dad said to us." So, apparently all of you have to compete, including you Matthew." I gapped.

"What!?" Maddison and I said at the same time. I felt her glare but I didn't bother looking at her.

"Dad, I don't want to!" I whined and he smiled sympathetically.

"I know but they said we have to include all three of you for it to be thorough and for it to be fair. "Daddy said to me.

"So, you guys leave tomorrow." We all paused to stare at them.

"Leave? "Angelo questioned laying his hands on the table.

"We can not hold the trials here and we cannot judge it either." Dad supplied. "You three will be going over to the stadium."

"You say that like it's special. " Maddison sneered.

"Because it is. It doesn't reside here, on Earth. It's like within the space between here and up there." Daddy pointed to the ceiling. "You will compete for the title for a panel of unknown judges."

"I hear it's so cool, I've never really been to a trial but, now I get to see my sons, and my daughter compete, this should be fun. "I looked to Angelo who looked to me with a nod.

"Sure." I mumbled. "Fun," I said it mockingly.

-------

Angelo was singing again. I smiled helplessly as the sound of his beautiful voice drifted through my ears. I sat on my bed and waited for him. We've always done this, wait for him to finish his shower and get ready, then I would get into bed and we'd just talk until we fell asleep, on good nights, we'd somehow end up in one bed, sometime Maddison would come in during the night to sleep, that however ended a year ago on our seventeenth birthday. It was as though something snapped within her and she just didn't want to be part of our regular trio. It was sad really.

"What you thinking about? "I looked up and swallowed as my eyes drifted to my brothers decile defined 6 pack.  I blinked at him.

"Huh?" I said and he chuckled.

"What. Are. You. Thinking? "He asked it word for word and threw on his boxers.

"Oh, nothing." He gave me a look and I shrugged.

"Nothing is usually something, "He sat beside me." You alright with competing? "I sighed then and looked down. I shrugged not knowing what to say.

"I don't know," I mumbled. "I guess, I just don't really care who's in charge as long as we are together." he smiled slightly. "I don't mind competing really but, it's not something I thought I would have to worry about considering my situation." I sighed. He rubbed my back and pulled me to his chest.

"I know, "he said into my head."I wish things were different." I looked up at him. "Just, try as hard as you can, k?" I smiled as he held up his pinky. I hooked my pinky around his and pulled it to my chest.

"Sure, as long as you try not to lose. "He huffed and pulled me up into his bed. I guess we were sharing.

"You wish." I laughed and snuggled into his bare chest, absorbing his heat. I sighed and rubbed my bare foot against him. "Hey,  no footsie." I giggled and place a soft kiss to his chest.

The Heir (BoyxBoy)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara