Too Close

Don't you just hate it when you're trying to do important work and your boss is just being cute as a damn button?

I never thought I'd be so fond in my admiring of another monster, but watching Asgore react so genuinely to my boys made me smile even as my soul sank.

Everyone had heard the story of how Asgore and the ex-queen lost their children. The thought of it just made watching this all the more heartbreaking.

Sans sat a few feet away watching with that ever present grin on his skull as Asgore played with papyrus who giggled happily.

That was amazing as well, how the boys got along with him.

Papyrus seemed to be forever amazed by the large ears and Sans just enjoyed teaching him knew jokes.

I shook my head and brought myself back to my work. While the surprise visits had often been intended that I take a break, I'd always seen them as more a way that Asgore could get away from his kingly duties for a while.

He certainly looked like he needed a break.

I stared at the papers on my desk. Well that couldn't be right. None the less I circle the clump of buggy data and moved on.

Things like that just don't happen.

Minuets passed as I continued through the paperwork, I hadn't even noticed the sound die down.

When I brought my mug to my teeth and failed to drink anything, I looked around to notice that the boys had gone.

Asgore seemed to be half bent over my shoulder watching me work and I almost dropped the mug and fell from my seat.

He was very close, the small details of his face were easier to make out. The curls of individual hairs, and the twinkle in bright mismatched eyes.

It was very uncomfortable suddenly as I felt heat come to my cheek bones, quickly excusing myself I went to go refill my mug.

That was too close. I am such an idiot.