Seven

Back at home

Ayla

I put away my clothes and get ready to play soccer with the clan. As I'm putting on my shinguards, Morgan comes in.

"You almost ready?"

"Yeah."

"Does Teeqo know?"

"About what?"

"You and Blaziken."

"There is no "Me and Blaziken". We're just friends."

"Well don't forget that the first part of their competition is today."

"How can I? That's all everyone is talking about." I slip on my socks and cleats. I grab my bag and jog down the stairs.

I see Teeqo standing there, looking me up and down and smiling.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing. You just look cute in your soccer outfit."

I laugh a little at his comment. Once everyone has their things, we head to the field.

"Are we doing teams?" Tommy asks, his arm around Morgan.

"Sure." Adrianna nods.

"Team Captains are Teeqo and Blaziken." Apex chooses.

"I choose Ayla." Lucas pulls me
gently by the hand and hugs me.

"Who says you get first pick?" Teeqo scoffs, coming over and taking me away from Lucas, and hugging me.

"I did." He says, taking me back from Jakob.

"Can you guys stop? I'm not a fucking toy." I get out of their reach and walk away.

"Where are you going?"

"To the goal. I'm playing by myself." I hold up my middle finger and start shooting at the crossbar.

"Maybe teams weren't a good idea." Adrianna huffs.

"Let's just shoot kicks or something." Tommy grabs the ball from me and sets it farther away.

"I'm goalie." Lucas jogs over.

"You can't handle this." I joke.

"Try me."

I take a couple steps away from the ball before running up and spiking it. I make a goal and I stick my tongue out at him.

"Touché." He laughs, messing with his hair.

Earlier

Teeqo

I grab my things, getting ready to go play soccer with the FaZe clan.

As I'm making my way to the staircase, I stop and listen to Ayla's conversation.