Visitors

Sorry for the late update. I was at camp with my friend.

Six months later

I've been here at Miss Peregrines home for Peculiar Children for a while now and I'm the happiest I've ever been.

I've finally found a real family. My best friends are Enoch, Millard and Horace.

Millard has been teaching me and I can read small books on my own. I still have to ask him about many words.

I've learned a lot with Miss P. Something that struck my interest was the fact that there are these monsters called Hollows who eat Peculiars. It's terrifying but at the same time fascinating. Apparently we Peculiars are at war with them and the wights.

It's was all well and peaceful with nothing new until last night.

Around five o'clock, two men showed up. They are with the peculiar army. They just came a walking up the front path when I was in my room practicing reading. All the children ran inside as Miss P had told us to do in case of strangers. Both men carried rifles and wore heavy boots and similar uniforms. One man had a short beard and held no expression on his face. He was in his fourties. The other man was in his early twenties with no facial hair and sad eyes.

Okay here's confession time: I'm scared of men. It's my fathers fault. Well, him and the men who attempted to exorcise me. I still shudder at the memories. My mother never did anything to me and by that I mean she didn't do anything to help me either.

I may have been afraid but my curiosity still got the better of me. I crept down the stairs not making a sound. I saw the other children gathered in the hall in front of Miss P's private sitting room. Horace made eye contact with me and I mouthed 'what happened?' to him. He shrugged and looked back at the door.

"I can't hear anything!" Olive whined.

"Shh!" We all shushed her. I could hear footsteps coming from the room.

"Scatter!" Abe whisper shouted.

I turn into a shadow which I've been practicing. Unlike Millard, when you shine a light on me I can be spotted which sucks. I move into the shadows where I cannot be seen and hide.

The door swings open and I see Miss P in the doorway. The two men are seated across and watching her curiously, I hope they mean no harm.