Chapter Four

Jack's POV

A pillow. I woke up holding a pillow. A frieking PILLOW! And my mate is gone. She left me. Uh. What did I do?

Zach, get in here, NOW! I mindlink my Beta. He immediately replies with a simple 'yes'.  A few minutes later, he walks in.

"Hey Jack. Where's the mate?" He asks nonchalantly. Would he be nonchalant if his mate was missing? No, he'd be freaking out. Wait, why is the bathroom door shut? I don't think that I shut it last night because I never do.

"Grace is gone," I pause, getting up to check the bathroom, "have you seen her?"

"Sorry man, did you check with border patrol?" He asks.

"Its fine. I'm just going to use the bathroom before I go. I don't want my bladder to explode all over everyone." Haha, perfect excuse to check the bathroom so if she is in there I won't look dumb to not check before calling him in here.

"Um, alright, well I'm just gonna go back to eating my breakfast then. Good luck Jack." And he just walked out of the room. Wait, breakfast? I am usually up before 5. Did I really sleep that long? Well it was the best nights sleep of my life I guess.

Well, I guess that I should check the bathroom. There is slight mumbling, and Grace's scent leads here. I'm just glad that I got rid of Zach when I did. I don't want to disturb her if she is doing something important but it also sounds like she is crying. So I will just open the door quietly, then.

No. I cannot believe my eyes. There is a picture of Hell in my bathroom mirror. And my mate was sitting in front of it mumbling. "Oh no. This is bad. The spell has worn off... looking for me.... going to get me.... my mate.... do anything to get me... hurt the pack." I only could hear some of it because it was so quiet.

Ok, I'm starting to feel dizzy. And then everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Victoria's POV (Or Grace which is who her mate thinks she is)

Thud.

I turn the mirror that I am using to look at the Devil back to normal so that I am looking at a reflection of myself. And boy do I look terrible. But when I look a little to the left of my "twin", I see that the door is slightly opened.

And I know for sure that I closed it. When I go to look and see if Jack is still sleeping, he is not in bed. So, I start panicking. But I should maybe just calm do- Girl, seriously, stop freaking out. He is at your feet. 

So my witch decides to finally make an appearance.(A/N the bold is Victoria/Grace talking to her witch. And just so that none of you are confused or forgot, her witches name is Alexis.) So, you finally decide to show up? Do you know if he heard anything?

Maybe, I heard someone outside talking to him. Sounding sort of like the first guy that you met last night. What was his name again? Zeke? Zane? Zander? Zach?  She responds. To be honest, I don't really remember but, I think that it was Zach.

Ok, well we need to first see if he heard anything. Since you now have me, you can go through peoples recent memories or very recent thoughts. And how would I supposedly do that oh wise one?

Just image being in his head and you will see everything like a movie. And you can choose how far back you want to go just by thinking of that time. When you want to "leave" his mind, just think of walking out of a door with an exit sign above it.

Seems easy enough. What time did we wake up? I'll start there.

3 am. He was sleeping for at least 2 hours though. You were watching Satan for awhile.

Let's do this. I close my eyes and concentrate on being in his mind. When I open them, I am in a pitch black room and can't see a thing. I think of 5 am, specifically a clock with the hands reading 5. The room immediately lights up with him waking up. The view is as if I am seeing everything through his eyes.

I hear him mumble out something along the lines of "Why am I holding a pillow?" Then as if he says it in his mind he yells to Zach to come to the room.

They have a conversation about me missing, but him being his dumb self, hasn't looked anywhere and is still in bed. Zach leaves to finish breakfast. Jack gets up and walks to the bathroom.

I hear slight mumbling, then Jack opens the door a little, I didn't notice him because I was so caught up with the Devil getting angrier every second when he figured out what I had done.

He could only hear a few words thank God, but I still need to make him forget it. That and the portal/mirror thing. I don't really know what to call it, which is pretty bad considering who I am, but eh, I know the spell. That's all that should really count, right?

I have seen enough to know that he heard and saw too much. I walk through the "exit door" and am back in the room. I need to cast the spell before he wakes up.

While I am thinking of the memory I want him to forget, I chant the spell 3 times. "Clear the mind Of thoughts of me, Of all that was And all to be, Let their mind be put at ease, By thoughts of quiet peace." The spells wording is a little weird but it still only erases that one specific memory.

When that is done, I put him in bed. And let me tell you, it was not easy. Just because I am a witch, and a powerful one at that, I am not strong enough to completely carry a 200 pound, passed out man. So, I just grabbed him by a foot, and drug him to the bed. That part was easier than the next, which was getting him into the bed.

I finally got him in bed and changed. He must have brought my suitcase up here at some point. 

Since I am playing the card of abused mate I need some bruises and long clothes. I need to find a spell that will allow that.

I bring my suitcase in the bathroom so if he does wake up I can just say that I am getting ready for the day. Or I could just bring my books in the shower with me. I will just cast a spell to make them waterproof and float. The pages will just turn with a flick of a finger.

I strip and turn on the shower. I adjust the temperature to match what I want and get in.

After flipping through two spell books, I finally found a spell that should work. I have never seen it before and never performed it. So here goes nothing.

"Give me the bruises For all to see, Show the signs of abuse, Give me the bruises For all to see." This spell is specifically for showing signs of abuse. Time to call on Alexis to make sure that the bruises and cuts stay, instead of her healing them.

Hey! Alexis, you there? I honestly have no idea how to "call" to her or "summon" her or whatever. Hey idiot. I've been here the whole time. And you didn't have to look and cast a spell, you could've just asked for me to make everything appear.

You're kidding me. Why didn't you tell me? Because it is entertaining to watch you struggle and have to look and look. It really is enterta-  She is cut off by Jack knocking on the door.

"Grace, are you almost done, sweetheart? I need to pee." Well it looks like it is time for me to get out of the shower.

"Y-yes Alp- I mean Jack." I stutter. Since I now have the bruises I need to be careful to not show too many to him. Maybe let a little of one show quickly. But I don't need a raging Alpha breaking everything in his path.

"You don't need to be scared of me, Grace. I won't hurt you." Yeah, I know that, but you should be scared of me and what comes with me.

So I get out, get changed and let him in. For now I go and sit on the bed. When he is done, he says we need to talk. Here we go...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK guys, I know that I haven't updated in awhile and I am REALLY sorry. But after I publish this chapter, I am starting on the next one.

Word Count:  1464