six;

here they were, front row at a PUP basement show with sweaty bodies smashing against their's. this wasn't something uncomfortable, no, it was something enjoyable even if ryan wasn't particularly enjoying what was currently taking place involving himself and 1,200 other people.

brendon very much enjoyed concerts, and when he asked ryan to come along see one of his favorite bands play, of course he had agreed. ryan figured that if brendon agreed to attend an art exhibit, despite him hating such things, it was the least he could do in return.

this very much took ryan out of my comfort zone, if it wasn't for approximately 1,1476 people, not including the attendees of the first row next to them, violently pressing their sweaty bodies up against his, maybe this wouldn't be so horrible.

but screaming along to songs about self angst with a bunch of total strangers made ryan realize maybe he's not in this alone.

not to mention the sight of brendon screaming his lungs out with his hair moving everywhere as he bobbed his head up and down, rather violently in ryan's opinion, was such a site to see.

these actions revealed a side of brendon that ryan had never seen before, and that wasn't such a bad thing to say the least. brendon had  always seemed like such a calm person but once the opening riff filled through the room, he lost all self control.

once again, keep in mind ryan hadn't been to a show since his best friend made him go in sophomore year of high school which resulted in him throwing up twice. ryan enjoyed himself. well, he tried to enjoy himself for the sake of brendon's happiness.

+++

"fuck."  brendon breathed out heavily as the smile on his face grew even wider.  he messily reached for ryan's hand and laced their fingers together, swinging both their hands in the process.

ryan couldn't help but think brendon looked gorgeous with his sweaty hair and his leather jacket lazily swung over his shoulder. "you look really mesmerizing right now, by the way." ryan smiled back.

"i was wondering if you'd like to go on a date with me, ross."

ryan's face was painted with confusion. wasn't this a date? he thought to himself. "- i mean like a real date. you know, the kind where we get dressed up and i bring you flowers at your door."

"i'd love that, brendon." ryan tried his hardest to put on a calm face but on the inside he was dying with happiness and a mix of excitement.

the two continued to walk to ryan's apartment hand-in-hand, smiles never leaving their faces. once they reached his apartment, it was around twelve in the morning, obviously too dark for brendon to walk home alone, in manhattan.

one the two reached the front door of ryan's apartment complex, brendon turned both of them to face each other, taking both of ryan's hands in his own.

"thanks for coming tonight, ross." brendon looked into Ryan's eyes with the outmost adoration.

"it was a pleasure, bren. plus you look really hot all sweaty and singing your lungs out." ryan looked at brendon the same way, absolutely mesmerized with the stunning person standing in front of him,

"can i kiss you?" brendon mumbled, moving closer to ryan.

ryan was far too nervous to speak, knowing he'll mess up with his words somehow, so he settled on connecting their lips in s passionate kiss. brendon moved his hands to grip ryan's hips, ryan moving his hands to cup brendon's jaw.