four;

to say the least, ryan found himself wanting to call brendon and hang out. sadly, he was too afraid to make the first move. but then again, he was trying new things.

to: brendon,

hey, this is ryan ross, the film student from the subway. i was wondering if you would be interested in meeting at central park tomorrow.

he really didn't know what to say or expect. he didn't really plan for a reply.

from: brendon
hey ryan! sure i'd love to maybe tomorrow around 2pm near the rock area next to the playground?

to: brendon
sure, sounds good. see ya!

+++

"oh my god, what if he doesn't show up? what if he's going to murder me? what if-" what if's moved through ryan's brain, completely nervous he came out here for no reason.

"hey, ryan! glad you made it." brendon waved from a nearby park bench.

to set the scene, leaves were falling from the trees, there was a slight breeze and the sun peaked through the branches. there were couples holding hands and strolling through the park, parents with their children and just people all over.

"h-hi, brendon!" ryan quickly made his way over, taking a seat down next to brendon on the park bench.

"gorgeous day, isn't it?" brendon beamed happily at ryan.

"yeah, it is. i was wondering if we could talk." ryan muttered. all he needed was more inspiration for his newest character.

"yeah sure. i wanted to get to know you better anyways." brendon replied just happy to be in ryan's company.

"well, what do you want to know?" ryan wasn't exactly sure what interested brendon about himself, after all he didn't think too much of himself.

"favorite color?"
"brown." like your eyes. ryan thought to himself.
"what do you think comes after death?"

"pardon me?" ryan was more than puzzled as to why this was a question brendon was asking, especially since it took a drastic turn from the previous one asked.

"you know, what do you think? is there a heaven or hell? nothing at all?"

"uh, well i feel that the idea of "heaven" was created as a way to stop people from fearing death so much. give them something to believe in, something to show them they'll be alright. why do you ask?" ryan truly hadn't thought about the question before, mostly because he didn't expect anyone to ask.

"well, i don't like small talk. it reminds me too much of parties and i'm obviously not sitting on a park bench with a film student to party, am i now?"
ryan made a mental note that brendon didn't do small talk, he also made a mental note to remind himself to research philosophical questions for their next encounter.

"do you like parties?" brendon found himself asking another question that probably caught the other off guard.

"if i'm being entirely honest with you, i've never been to that many parties. everyone seems to forget about the quiet film student in the back who would prefer to read a book and stay in. but i guess that's okay, it's better to go unnoticed in some senses."