five;

quite some time has passed since their last encounter. ryan had been craving brendon's company more than ever, and all he wanted was to meet again. once again he found his mind drifting more towards the not-so-mysterious man. hesitantly, he punched in Brendon's contact and wrote a message.

hey, brendon; its ryan and I was wondering if you would be interested in hanging out today?

ryan tapped away nervously with the pencil on his desk. there was still so much ryan needed to know about brendon to complete his character. he let his mind drift, only for his thoughts of the other to be interrupted by his phone vibrating. he was expecting a reply but not so soon.

sure!! where and when? can't wait to see you again!!

he thought it was best to simply meet at the same coffee shop from their last encounter. he quickly typed out a response hoping it wasn't too boring.

possibly around 1:00 at the same coffee shop we spent last encounter?

ryan got a reply within seconds saying that was perfect. he pulled on a beige sweater, accompanied by a brown suit jacket that was a little more casual than formal. slipping on his light brown kakis and shoes, he made his way towards the door.

he almost forgot his leather bound journal and golden pencil. taking a glance out the window, he noticed the sun's yellow light shinning bright down through the redish-yellow trees lining the block of his cramped apartment.

+++

ryan was sat at a corner booth, a splash of green making its way from the tip of his pencil, ink settling on the page. he was brainstorming more ideas for his current film, he found himself doing that a lot recently.

brendon ambled through the doors of the shop, shooting ryan a large, but genuine, smile before making his way over. a light pink took over ryan's vision, spreading throughout his vision.

"hey, ryan!" brendon cheered happily; sporting a black leather jacket, his hair messily made into a quiff, black doc martens, and a smile that could light up the world. ryan had to stop himself from staring at the masterpiece of a body in front of him.

"hello, brendon. sublime day out, isn't it? it's pleasant of you to make this encounter." ryan displayed a small smile that was genuine at the same time.

"you look really nice today, ross. per usual." ryan blushed a light shade of pink, smiling at the complement received from the other.

"thank you," he mumbled, biting his lip on the process to stop himself from smiling so much. "i was wondering if you wanted to attend an art gallery with me. it's okay if you don't want to, i understand it can be a bore."

brendon nodded happily, to be entirely honest, he wanted to get to know ryan more. accompanying ryan to an art gallery, one of his favorite places to be, was an honor on his part to accept. "sure, i'd love to! is it a date?" brendon was feeling especially bold today and made no hesitation asking the long-awaited question.

ryan was stumped on his end. was it a date? did he want it to be? surly he did, after all, brendon has been on his mind an alarming amount recently. "if you want it to be." ryan responded a bit nervously, hoping he wasn't coming off to strong. the more outgoing of the two nodded his head eagerly, confirming the offer with a, "i'd be clueless to pass up a date with ryan ross."

once again ryan blushed at the compliment, taking another sip of his coffee. the two made their way out of the small café.

+++

"i forget about time and space, but i can't stop thinking about your face..." brendon hummed along to the song playing off one of his mixtapes. once again, ryan ross was astonished by brendon urie's limitless talent.

"...my memory could be erased and i'd still be thinking about your face." brendon sung, thinking about him and ryan the entire time. this song has a significant amount of relevance to the way he felt about the film student.

the two parked the car and walked towards the art exhibit. brendon even mustered up the courage to hold ryan's hand which made them form small smiles and ryan cover a light blush with his sweater sleeve. they walked hand-in-hand, happily strolling in a comfortable silence.

the two made their way inside the exhibit, ryan's eyes gleamed over the artwork presented in front of him. brendon was doing the same, although the artwork he was looking at wasn't the paintings displayed.

sure, maybe an art exhibit wasn't something brendon urie would find that entertaining, but if ryan was interested, he was interested. that's just something he was willing to do for the beautiful man he's on a date with. ryan's willing to do the same for brendon.

"wow, the art here is beautiful." brendon smiled happily looking at ryan, who then blushed under the other's gaze.

"bren, you're not looking at the paintings." ryan sheepishly mumbled blushing some more, knowing damn well what brendon was referring to as "art". brendon's heart melted at the new nickname.

"you're art to me, baby." brendon simply replied, planting a quick kiss to ryan's cheek.

+++

the two ended up going back to brendon's place due to the fact it started raining and their original plan was to walk through the park. brendon draped his leather jacket over ryan's shoulder to keep him from getting rained on. although ryan persisted that he didn't want to ruin the leather, brendon insisted it was fine, mostly because ryan looked so adorable.

once the two made it back to brendon's apartment, they decided to talk about everything and anything. ryan ended up falling asleep on the couch since they had talked into the early hours of the morning.

brendon got to work on making ryan a mixtape to remember the day.

__________________________

sorry I haven't updated in forever!! I've been super busy lately but now that school is over I'll hopefully be able to upload more!!

- nmc!