Dallas for Katie pt.2

DALLAS' P.O.V.

I've been in love with Katie for two years now, and when she moved in eight months ago things got more serious. I think I'm finally ready to commit, but first I have to ask for Jonny's permission. I make my way over to the park to meet Jonny. I slowly approach, my steps begin to become more slow and steady, then pick up speed as I become closer. "Hey Dallas what's up man, how ya' doin?" I feel my nerves in every inch of my body. "Good, but I need to talk to about your sister." I feel a kick of adrenalin. Jonny's face becomes more serious before speaking "oh I know what's going on here!" "You do?" He cracks a grin, causing me to feel pure relief. "Yeah, y'all have been together for a while now, you guys live together, I've been expecting this, honestly I thought this conversation would take place sooner. I just can't believe my only sister and my best friend are having a baby!" He gets all excited. "Ummm...... Not exactly....." His face drops, then perks up again. "Twins?" "No, Jonny Katie isn't pregnant, I'm asking you for permission to marry her." "Oh. You have my blessing. Although I was hoping for a baby...." I just give Him a 'really' look. He gets all defensive, "What?" "Nothin man, Nothin." We start taking about the perfect way to propose. We call pony, because, well, out of all of us ponys the romantic type 😷. We form the perfect plan!

2 Hours later

I make my way to our apartment, and tell Katie to get all dressed up, then head over to the garden of hearts, which is this place she's obsessed with. Its this garden of the most popular types of wedding flowers in the shape of hearts. And in the middle of the garden is the rose heart, with a table in the center with a while bunch of white lace.

At the garden of hearts

I sit at the candle lit table as I wait for Katie. She slowly appears in my field of vision, like a scene out of a fairy tale! Once she reaches the table I get down on one knee. "Katie, I've loved you two amazing years. We've been through a lot, and I don't know exactly what I want in the future, but I know I want you in it. Will you make me the happiest man alive and become Mrs. Winston?" She nods her head as I fumble to open the velvet box containing the ring. She gasps and hold out her left hand as I slide the ring on.

Epilogue

Dallas and Katie are now married, and don't on kids for a long while. They want time to enjoy each others company.