34

{edited}

{edited}

"Hey Der!" Evelyn said skipping along side him, some how Evelyn convinced him to go to the park. He gave a half- hearted smile in response. "Okay we'll sit here, I have a blanket." Evelyn said in a sing- songy voice. Derek chuckled, "Actually, I have the blanket since you made me hold it," Evelyn rolled her eyes and grinned.

"Well you are the man in this re-." Evelyn stopped herself as she was about to relationship. Derek smirked widely at realizing what she was going to say and brought a hand to his ear in a cupping motion. "What were you saying?" He asked mischievously. Evelyn's blushed and hit him playfully. "Nothing, now come on dumbass and help me spread out the blanket." Evelyn answered quickly.

~~~~~~~

"Look Der! It's the Big Dipper!!" Evelyn said, excitement rippling through her face as she used the hand that wasn't tangled in Derek's to point at the stars. Evelyn turned her face back to Derek to see that he was staring straight at her. Derek looked and admired her eyes and the little freckles dotted upon her nose and cheeks. For a split second Evelyn could've sworn he glanced at her lips.

"You weren't looking at the stars," she said staring right back at him. Derek gave her hand a little squeeze then let go.

"That's because I didn't have to look up to find one." Evelyn bashfully looked down, thinking how in the world she found someone like him. "You smooth bastard," Evie mutters. Derek smiled and put his hands around her face. Evelyn looked up into his eyes.

For just a moment, but felt like an eternity, they looked into each others eyes. Evelyn nervously wrapped her arms around his neck and glanced down at his lips, noticing this Derek closed his eyes and slowly leaned in.

When there lips met, they didn't feel a spark, like it was said to happen in the movies, but it felt like home, it felt warm and happy.
The kiss was slow and passionate, like they were savoring each other, never wanting the kiss to end. As they broke apart for air, when they looked at each other something was different, something better, something beautiful.

Evelyn let out a small chuckle. "Hey Der?" She asked. Derek let out a small hum, "Yes Evie?" He answered back. "Can you um, kiss me again?" Evelyn questioning, wanted to taste his lips again. Derek's eyes lit up, "It would be a pleasure." He said as he took away the space between them again and connected his lips to hers.

"You ready to go?" Derek asked looking at Evelyn's tired eyes. "Yeah,"

Derek looked down at Evelyn slightly snoring on his chest where her head laid. He kissed the top of his head softly and smiled, "I'm so glad i met you Evelyn Rose." Derek mummers pulling her closer and fell soundly asleep beside the love of his life.

The End

:))))))
a/n
okay so guys this is the end of the book. I no longer felt happy with the chapters of this book, it's a sucky ending but i didn't want to draw it out to be boring and no longer interesting.
i love you guys so much
thanks for reading and enjoying this book

peace and love,
ac💘