Kelly Anne Blount - Interview

Start from the beginning

Now you often mention on Twitter your lovely rescue fur balls. I love pets, particularly cats and dogs. My cat is very spoilt. Now, I want to know all about them. Dogs or cats? What do they resemble? Are they more like Gremlins or are they a couple of teddy bears? What mischief do they get up to? I would love to know their names? I want to go ahhhhhh.

Reply: YAY! I love my fur babies so much! They are all so sweet! Seriously! So, we first adopted Cookie and Biscuit, we call them "The Elders."

Biscuit loves his Mommy (me) more than anyone in the whole wide world! ☺ 

Cookie equally loves her Mommy and Daddy. 

Then, we adopted Rooney (named after Wayne Rooney, the Manchester United football player), he's a lab Spitz mix and a complete love bug! We trained him to be a therapy dog and I used to take him to a school for children with autism once a week to hang out with the kids, listen to them as they read him stories, etc. 

Then we have Biggie and Itty Bit. They are the babies! Biggie straight up imprinted on my husband, like Twilight style. He loves him so much!

Then there's Itty Bit. He is just the most adorable little guy around! He's super photogenic, but not necessarily the smartest, which just makes him even cuter. Itty Bit imprinted on Rooney and loves to have his ears cleaned by Rooney. It's adorable!

So if I sneak them out to my house, you would probably notice and miss them!

Reply: It would be on like Donkey Kong!

Do the fur babies rule your house? Or is there an adult in charge?

Reply: Is that even a question? LOL! Of course they rule the house!

It sounds so romantic the way you describe your husband as the love of your life and marrying "in a beautiful ceremony on the Caribbean Sea". It touched my heart when I read that. What is the most romantic thing you have done as a couple or would like to do, that you are willing to share?

Reply: Aw! Thank you! That's really sweet! ☺ He is an absolutely amazing husband! The most romantic thing we've done? Honestly, this is a super real moment... Before we got married, actually, before we got engaged, my appendix started to burst while I was at school (I taught first grade in the Cayman Islands).

Lee rushed from work to come pick me up and immediately brought me to the doctor. A few hours later, I was having an emergency appendectomy (removal of my appendix). I was in the hospital for two days and Lee never left my side. He slept in a little chair beside my bed, helped me in and out of bed, he even washed my face with a wash cloth when I was in too much pain to do so. It might sound strange, but it was so sweet and romantic, I just couldn't ask for anyone sweeter! 

Also, getting married on the Caribbean Sea was pretty darn romantic too! ;)

I am sure you have must have scared the hell out of your husband at the time and how wonderful that he really was there for you in every way. Your wedding sounds pretty amazing. What a memory. Movie stuff.

Reply: Aw! Thank you! Crazy thing is, a short time later, my gallbladder broke and he had to take care of me all over again. He was super sweet again! ☺

Wow. Your husband is such a hero!

What inspired you to write your first book and how did it feel when you got to the last chapter? Does it still feel incredible every time you write the last page of a novel?

Reply: I have always loved to read and write. After finishing Amanda Hocking's Trylle Trilogy and reading all about her, I thought, you know what? I can do this! I started writing, joined a critique group, and finished GRISHMA six months later.