Fate Reloaded--Part III, Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

“Hey guys!” Jordana called out to Tyler, Breckin and Manni as she walked off the elevator and into the lobby. The guys were all lounging around on these big red velvet couches, talking loudly, as they looked up and saw her.

“Hey, Jordana,” Tyler said as she walked up to them and sat down in a cushy chair.

“So, how sweet are your rooms?” Breckin exclaimed loudly. “I mean the Jacuzzi is awesome!”

“Yeah,” Jordana agreed. “And hello? How cool is the TV in the bathroom?”

“You’ve got a TV in your bathroom?” Breckin asked, his face falling.

“Don’t you guys have TVs in your bathrooms, too?” Jordana asked, looking around at each of them.

She watched as each of them shook their heads no. Feeling embarrassed, she looked down at her lap and said, “Oh. My bad.”

“So, I guess I’m taking a bath in your bathroom tonight,” Manni said, jokingly.

“Yeah, right, sucka,” Jordana said, pushing him lightly. “That baby’s all mine.”

Their playful conversation was interrupted as Mr. Underworld walked into the lobby.

“Hi kids!” he said, cheerily.

“Hey,” they all answered.

“Well, you ready to get this show on the road, or what?” he asked, motioning for them to follow him.

They all got up and walked with Mr. Underworld out the lobby doors and climbed into another black limo. As Manni and Breckin talked excitedly and played around with the limo’s various gadgets, Tyler sat down next to Jordana and touched her arm.

“So, how are things with you?” Tyler asked, a piece of his blue-streaked hair falling into his face.

“I’m good,” Jordana answered, a grin on her face. “I’m starting to think I could get used to this.”

“I know what you mean,” Tyler said, looking around the limo. “So, I thought you were bringing your parents or something.”

“I did,” Jordana said. “They opted to stay back at the hotel.”

“Taking tours of record companies just not their thing?” Tyler asked, cracking a smile.

“Not so much,” Jordana answered.

“Well, that’s cool,” Tyler said. “At least they care enough to come up here with you.”

“Yeah, I guess so,” Jordana said, catching the change in Tyler’s voice. Changing the subject, Jordana added quietly, “So, what do you think of Mr. Underworld and Twisted Entertainment?”

“I looked them up on the Internet last night and it seems like they’re on the level,” Tyler said, looking over at Mr. Underworld as he spoke. “But we still have to see exactly what they want from us. I mean, are they going to let us do our own thing, or try and change us? Because in the end, it’s all about the music, you know?”

“Yeah,” Jordana agreed, thoughtfully. “But Mr. Underworld said he really liked our sound. You think they’d make us change?”

“That’s what we’re about to find out, I guess,” Tyler said.

A few minutes later, the limo pulled up in front of a big flashy building. Jordana saw the Twisted Entertainment logo near the entrance and pushed her purse back onto her shoulder. She followed Tyler out of the limo and watched as the rest of the guys climbed out and stepped onto the sidewalk.