Fate Reloaded--Part II, Chapter Four

Chapter Four

            “Come on, Desi! Pick up your phone,” Jordana said through gritted teeth.

            Jordana had been in her room for less than five minutes and felt like she was about to have a nervous breakdown. She wiggled into her oldest and most favorite pair of jeans, almost tripping in the process. She tossed the still ringing phone onto her bed, and practically ripped the only clean tank she had left in her closet over her head.

            Picking up the phone, she was annoyed to hear it still ringing.

            “Dude! Answer! Your! Phone!” Jordana screamed in frustration, and then looked nervously toward her door.

            “Hello?” a groggy Desi said finally on the other end.

            “Desi! Good, you’re awake,” Jordana said, slightly out of breath. She continued to scurry around her room, brushing her hair, applying makeup and perfume and pretty much trying to look the complete opposite of how she had down in the kitchen.

            “I am now,” Desi grumbled. “What time is it?”

            Jordana glanced over at her clock.

            “A little after 9:30.”

            “It can’t be 9:30,” Desi said, slowly, “because all of my best friends know never to wake me up at this ungodly hour.”

            “Sorry Des, this is an emergency,” Jordana said, still bustling around her room.

            “OK. Awake now,” Desi said, immediately perking up. “What’s wrong?”

            Jordana began to explain everything that had happened after she had left the Desi and the others at the movie theater. She told her about meeting Ben, how amazingly hot he was, going to the diner, how amazingly hot he was, and then how they’d said they’d hang out today.

            “Sounds like you snagged a live one, Miss Thang!” Desi exclaimed. Then, she paused. “But what’s the emergency?”

            “Ben showed up at my house this morning and saw me in my PJs and my slippers. Then, I proceeded to fall off my chair and run upstairs like a maniac. I mean, I hadn’t even brushed my teeth yet, Des! And now, he’s downstairs talking to my parents, while I’m up here freaking out!” Jordana hissed into the phone.

            “What pajamas were you wearing?” Desi asked.

            “My green sweats that say ‘sexy’ on the butt and a—wait, why does that matter?” Jordana asked annoyed.

            “It doesn’t. I was just wondering,” Desi said, giggling. “So, you’re really digging this guy?”

            “I don’t know,” Jordana said, biting her lip. “I think so. I mean, I barely know him, but he’s so…”

            “Cute, I know. You only mentioned it about a thousand times!” Desi exclaimed.

            “Sorry. But really, Des, you’ve gotta see him,” Jordana’s voice trailed off.

            “So, he’s hotter than Billy?” Desi asked slowly.

            “I don’t know,” Jordana said, picturing the two guys in her head. “I guess so.”