Ready? Go!

What a weird week I've had...

I sighed, staring up at the sky as I thought about it. It started out normal. Monday morning I got up, got ready, went to work, and started the usual routine, then Erza walked in. Like usual. She ordered a cake to go, then when I handed it to her she asked how many days I worked. Then on Tuesday she did the same, this time asking how long I worked. Wednesday rolled around and this time she ordered a cake to stay. She asked me when my break was, and if I would sit with her once I was on it. I complied, and once I found the time to sit with her she asked me odd questions. They ranged from "What's your favorite color?" or "What's your favorite kind of cake to make?" to "If you could have any power in the world, what would it be?" She then finished eating and curtly left (after paying of course). She only showed up Thursday briefly to tell me she was going on a mission with her team and wouldn't be back till later Friday, so we probably wouldn't see each other.

Another sigh left my lips as I started to swing slightly on the swing I was on, "Since when did I become her mother?"

"Whose mother?" I jumped at the familiar voice, whipping my gaze forwards to find the red head that had been tormenting my thoughts a couple of steps away.

"U-Uh, Cho." I quickly lied with a nervous laugh. She crossed her arms, raising a brow at me, causing me to shiver slightly, "Okay okay, I lied. I'm, uh, talking about you." I whispered thre last part, looking away, "It's just you came to check in with me before you left and all."

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, I lied too. Kind of." She uncrossed her arms, "I didn't go on a mission with my team, I went by myself. And it wasn't really a mission I got paid for, kind of a personal one."

I swung a little more, smiling slightly out of curiosity, "Oh? And what was this mission?"

Her left arm and right hand began to glow a bright white, and suddenly she had equipped a weird looking shield and sword, slightly dropping into a stance.

I fell back in surprise with a small yelp, my legs still hung over the swing while I sat on the ground. "H-Hey now! I just said a small little fib! We can talk about this!"

Erza laughed, a broad grin lacing it's way across her features, "Relax (Y/N), I'm not going to hurt you." And now she was holding the items out to me.

"Huh?"

"Take them."

"Why?"

"Because I'm going to take you in as my apprentice."

I blinked in confusion, staring up at the girl as if she had just said a very bad joke, "But I can't use magic?"

"You don't need to be able to use magic to learn how to fight. That'll come later."

I instantly shot up at these words, stumbling a little over the swing, then I spring forwards and hugged Erza around her torso tightly (knocking the weapons out of her grip and to the side). I nuzzled my face against the armor of her chest plate, squealing slightly like a small child, "Oh really? Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

Erza awkwardly patted my head, a small chuckle vibrating in her chest and out of her lips, "Yeah, well, you're a good kid. So I'll pick you up at your apartment tomorrow?"

I looked up at her, still embarassing her, and smiled brightly. I nodded happily, slowly peeling myself away from her, "That sounds fine! What time?"

"Five in the morning?"

"Sure!" I waved, still smiling happily as she left the park. Then a very glum realization hit me, and my spirits dropped, "5 A.M.?! What kind of ungodly torture is this?!" I cried, pitifully burrying my head in my hands.

After a few moments I collected myself and turned my attention to the sword and shield. They were made of a black metal. There seemed to be a black gem in the hilt of the sword, and in the front of the shield. I found this odd, I mean, you could barely see them against the black metal. Maybe it's for magic wielders? I reached down to pick them up, only to grunt in disdain.

"Why are they so heavy?" I whined, slowly hauling them into my arms. I slowly started my trek home, ignoring any of the odd looks I got from other pedestrians roaming the streets. Once I got home I instantly got ready for bed, climbing into the sheets soon after. I held the sword and shield close, curling my arms around them as if to protect them. I stared up at the sky through the crack in the window, watching the stars for a while.

"Well," I smiled, "This week sure has been interesting, huh? It started off pretty odd, but it had an amazing ending! My idol is taking me in as an apprentice! She's going to help me learn how to fight, and maybe even learn how to use magic! How cool would that be? I could be just like you two! Well, I have a really early morning tomorrow, so I have to hit the hay. I love you mom, I love you dad." My smile remained as I closed my eyes, letting out a slow breath to help myself relax. With that, my mind slowly drifted off into a deep slumber, my dream land vacant.

??? point of view

I sighed, walking into the silly girl's apartment, "She really needs to remember to lock her doors.." I muttered to myself, stopping in the center of her room. My gaze drifted around the dimly lit room. She kept it surprisingly clean, but then again she wasn't home much. I finally settled my attention on her form, finding the source of the light. I took a few more steps forwards, slowly swiping her hair out of her face. In her arms she held a sword and shield, both in crusted with two gems. These gems glowed like the moon, casting a pale bluish light across the room. Her hands had also started glowing the same color, the glow slowly sneaking up her arms.

"That Erza Scarlet girl is smarter than I guessed." A soft smile snuck it's way on to my face as I studied the female. "No wonder, though. Only a blind person wouldn't be able to see your potential. If only you would look in a mirror every now and then, maybe you would have even more hope." I sighed softly, fixing her hair out of her face once more, "Well, sweet dreams (Y/N). Your parents love you, too."

I walked back to her door, locking it for her before I vanished back to where I belonged.