Cake

"Hm..." I sat back in the chair. "Well it isn't a bad offer..." I whispered to myself.

You are probably confused, well let me explain what is happening.

*.      *     *.      *                 
*
         *

Earlier this morning, I marched up to the book store, heroically walked into my boss's office, and quit fearlessly.

Then apologized for any inconvinience I had caused him.

Then thanked him for employing me for so long.

Then said my farewells.

Finally I walked out of there like the true fearless female I am!

Apologizing one more time, of course.

*.      *     *.      *                 
*
         *

So now, I sat in front of a female in a cute little café.

She was the manager here, and had just made a pretty fair job offer.

See, when I was little my parents were sometimes (more times than countable) gone on missions and other things, so I had learned how to bake.

I actually loved cooking, even if I made a mess of things sometimes.

I wasn't amazing, and I had only perfected a few recipes, but I still enjoyed it.

Luckily my famous home made chocolate chip cookies had won this woman over.

"I'll take the offer!" I grinned widely and gave the woman a thumbs up.

She smiled happily and nodded.

"Oh... what's your name again?"

"Just call me Miss Spice." She winked at me then stood, pushing the chair back in. "So, see you tomorrow (Y/N)-Chan."

"Just (Y/N) please, Miss Spice."

She giggled and nodded waving to me before disappearing back into the kitchen.

I got up and started towards the door, and started to push it open, only for it to be pulled open from the other side.

This in turn caused me to fall into a poor, unsuspecting person.

I quickly straightened and dipped my head, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorr-"

"It's fine."

I looked up at the red head as she smiled softly at me.

"I really am sorry Miss. I was being careless. Well, please come back again and I'll treat you to something in apology!" I dipped my head to her then started off, waving slightly.

*.      *     *.      *                 
*
         *

"Hey! Guess who got a new job!"

Mr Landlord turned around at my voice, "I'm guessing you did." He chuckled slightly.

I smiled happily and nodded then I snapped my fingers. I started to dig around in my satchel.

I pulled out a container and held it out to Mr Landlord, "As an apology, and thank you for letting me keep my home, even when I couldn't pay the rent!"

He hesitantly took the container and opened it.

"They might be a little crumbly, but I promise they are good! I just  made them this morning too!"

He picked up one of the cookies then took a hesitant bite of it.

I watched him anxiously as he chewed the bite slowly.

This was worse than when Miss Spice tried one!

He finally swallowed and offered me a grin, "Good job, kid."

I did a small victory dance, throwing my fist in the air, "Yahoo! Well I'll be making lots and lots more, and different things too! So look forwards to it!" With that I waved and made my way to the stairs.

Poor man doesn't know he just landed himself a job as my official Taste Tester.

*.      *     *.      *                 
*
         *

"I'm here!" I called as I entered the café, readjusting my satchel.

"My, my you're early." Miss Spice appeared in the doorway, her wavy caramel hair falling over her shoulders gently. Her light brown eyes seemed to glow happily as she ushered me into the kitchen.

"Ay, ay, everyone this is our new staff member!" The three people turned and smiled. Two males and one girl.

The girl smiled brightly, jogging up to me.

She took both of my hands in hers, happily shaking them, "Hello! You must be (Y/N)-Senpai! I'm Chouko! I'm glad to finally have another female here besides Onee-chan!"

"A-ah, please just call me-"

"Moshi moshi, (Y/N). I'm Yasuo." One of the males spoke up joining Chouko's side, he smiled at me softly.

"And I'm," the last boy walked up, smirking slightly, "Tatsuo."

Miss Spice clapped her hands, "Alright! Now show her the ropes while I go shopping!"

-"Yes ma'am!"
-"Sure thing Onee-Chan!"

*.      *     *.      *                 
*
         *

I sighed with content as I poured the batter into the round cake dish.

After that I put the dish in the oven carefully, closing the oven door behind it.

"Yush musht reashy shike shooking." I glanced over at Cho, as she asked me to call her, stuffing strawberries into her mouth.

I giggled lightly and nodded, "I love it, and save some strawberries for the cake!"

"Shm'shkay."

*.      *     *.      *                 
*
         *

I had come to know that Cho really didn't work at the café, and rather just liked to hang around there so she could spend some more time with her older sister.

Yasuo and Tatsuo did work here though. Yasuo was a cook like me, while Tatsuo was more of a slacker than anything.

I giggled softly as I applied the white creamy icing to the cake. After I finished that I set the knife to the side and picked up the icing bag. I outlined the edges of the cake with chocolate icing, and made a circle of little plumes on the top's center. With that I placed some strawberries atop the plumes.

To finish off the job I made little chocolate dots along the sides of the cake.

"Finished!"

At that one little word I had three people crowded around me.

"Woah, great job (Y/N)-Senpai!"

"Please just call me-"

"It really does look delicious," Yasuo smiled, "(Y/N)-Chan."

"It does! Can I have the first slice?" Tatsuo leaned forwards, but Cho slammed her hand into his face, pushing him back, "No way!"

"Ow ow ow, Cho-chan what was that for?!"

"It's too pretty to let you eat!"

I giggled slightly, then the café door chimed.

"Oh?" All four of us shuffled towards the door of the kitchen and peeked out.

There stood the red head from the day before.

I smiled happily and walked out of the kitchen, "Hello! Glad to see you back! What can I get for you? And remember, it's on me!" I smiled brightly.

"What do you have that's freshly made?"