6.

Day of the wedding.

Shawn's P.O.V

+

Today is the day.

She forgave me.

Alessia was at her moms house as I was at my own. Apparently it was bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding.

I glanced at the mirror as I fixed any pieces that looked weird on my suit. After 2 years I'm finally going to get married.

The night before was chaotic. Camila had left and all everyone had been doing were asking questions, yelling at me or just overall had been confused.

But I still hoped she would come. After the way I've been treating her, she has every reason not to; yet I still had hope.

I ran my fingers through my hair as I thought about everything that would go down tonight. If she comes, she will leave after 10 minutes and never speak to me again; and if she doesn't, then I'll never be forgiven and I'll be the one who walks away.

Few knocks were at my bedroom door.

"SHAWN! SHAWN SHAWN SHAWN!"

Damn it, Aaliyah!

"What?" I groaned as I walked over to open the door.

As soon as I opened it, there stood the girl. The girl I've been breaking for a while. Her cheeks were red with tears stains and her eyes puffy. She was wearing what she usually would. Oversized sweaters, messy buns and knew high socks. In her hand was a small gift. I assumed was for the wedding.

Aaliyah slightly smirked and walked down the hallway as Camila and I were left alone.

Few minutes of silence before either one of us had said one single word. Until she reached out and undid my tie.

"Y-You didn't do this right." She sniffled as she began to fix my tie. I looked at her as she continued to fix it.

I was the cause of this; Me!

After she was done, she handed me the gift. "I-I'm sorry for ruining your party last night, and I hope you understand that I'm not going to go."

"Mil-" I took the gift within my hands.

"No, Shawn. I need to let you go. I need to accept that you're going to be happy with someone else, and that's all that matters. I-I didn't have anything you wanted." She looked down; She was crying. "I just want to see you be happy. That's all I ever want in life is to know you're happy. Even if I'm not."

Her heart was breaking right in front of me. She was weeping and I didn't know what to do.

"I-If you want me happy, I really want for you to attend my wedding. My best friend for 17 years of my life needs to be there." I reached for her hand and held it in mine.

She tensed up as her hand made contact with mine. "I just came to apologize, Shawn. T-That it. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to go."

Her tears were streaming down her face.

"And I know after this day, we are just going to become distant. You're going to move one day and I'll still going to be here. You'll start a family and I'll be here. Everything will go great. You'll be happy. But I'll still be...here."

Camila reached into her back pocket, finding a small locket and placing it in my hand. "This is my gift for your departure. I've kept this since 6th grade. We made it."