2.

Camila's P.O.V

-

My eyes stung. I wouldn't let him see me cry.

"How are you?" He said. Still in the same place.

I shook my head and grabbed a box of books by my library.

"Why does it matter?"

"I see you're angry."

I turned to face him with my eyes watery and my heart in my stomach. "I hate you."

"No you don't Mi-"

"Since when do you know how I feel?" My hands were shaking as I looked down at the box.

"Since when have you ever cared?"

Shawn stepped forward, but I only took steps back.

"Get away from me."

"Camila, just let me explain.."

"What?! That you left me. That you didn't want to be my friend anymore. I've constantly watched you walk around New York without even saying hi to me or acknowledge my presence." I turned my back towards him, walking towards my room.

"Mila, listen."

His footsteps trailed behind mine. Shawn wasn't going to leave.

"There's no need to explain. I-I get it, I was just another annoyance." I ranted as I began placing books on shelves.

There was no space left in my living room, kitchen, library or art studio for books. My bedroom was bland; I would change that.

"You weren't an annoyance, Camila. I just had things going on."

I placed books on the shelves at a quick pace as tears ran down my stained cheeks.

"You made me feel like I didn't exist. Like I shouldn't be here. That I have no right to be in New York."

"Camila!"

His hands snatched the box of Novels from my red hands. I looked down at them. Maybe I held the box a little too tight.

"You didn't do anything wrong. This is your city! For the past five years I've seen you make it yours! You know your way around, you know almost every person. Just because I made stupid decisions and ignored you doesn't mean I want you.....gone."

I wiped my eyes with the sleeve of my gown.

"Please. God- just let me explain?"

I removed the box from his hands and set it next to my bed. His eyes fixed on my movements.

"Okay."

_

I poured the caffeine into two mugs. Like the night he stopped speaking to me.

Shawn reached for his mug as he looked at me;
Mumbling a subtle 'Thank you'

He brought the cup up to his slightly chapped lips and sipped a small amount of the dark coffee.