Chapter 5: Demon Encounter

[ Back At Wayne ]

"As if a bunch of old wolves will kill me." Wayne mumbled and kicked a DH before punching another one and slicing half the other one.

"Extermination my ass! This is just some stupid test!! Mr. Sonoda just wants us to die!! Do you hear that?!" Wayne yelled and kept attacking.

[ At Serina ]

Serina smirked.

"Stupid. I know it. He's not just trying to kill us. He just want to see me protecting his precious daughter. I'm the one who's being tested." Serina mumbled and looked at the dead people surrounding her. Zombies.

"*sigh* Poor humans." Serina said and started attacking them with her scythe. One zombie was gonna attack from behind but the butt of Serina's scythe killed it.

"Sorry." Serina said and chuckled.

[ At Nico and Maki ]

"Oh?? Humans?" A demon asked.

"Tch. Maki-chan, run!" Nico yelled.

"B-But Nico-chan--"

"RUN!!" Nico yelled. Maki clenched her fists and ran away.

'Come back alive...'  Maki thought.

"Hmmmm... Protecting the only person you have, huh? Impressive." The demon said.

"You killed all the citizens! How dare you! Didn't you felt sorry?!" Nico yelled.

"No. I haven't felt anything ever since i grew up." The demon said and walked towards Nico.

"Mr. Sonoda is just using you all." The demon said.

"Usi-- AGH!" Nico screamed when the demon grabbed her neck.

"I'll leave you dead here... And let a ghoul eat you." The demon said and smirked before tightening her grip on Nico's neck.

"Ah... AGH!!" Nico screamed.

"Don't touch... Nico!!" It was Maki. She ran up to the demon and kicked her to the wall. Nico fell on the ground, heavily breathing.

"Nico-cha--"

"Idiot!! Didn't i tell you to run?!" Nico yelled.

"Wha--"

"She's going to kill you!! Run away!!" Nico yelled.

"I won't!! I'm sick of doing nothing already!!" Maki yelled.

"Ever since i stayed with my parents... I did nothing... I just let the ones who's important to me die... I don't want that to be repeated!" Maki yelled. Nico just hugged Maki, caressing her hair.

"Idiot, you don't need to do something to protect someone." Nico said.

"I don't want YOU to die. I'd rather let myself die, even if it means protecting you..." Nico said.

"Enough." The demon said and a sharp sword appeared in her hand.

"So run. Don't mind about me." Nico whispered.

"I don't want to!" Maki yelled and her eyes widened when she saw the sharp sword on the demon's hand. When the demonnwas about to stabd Nico, Maki pinned Nico down and let herself be stabbed.

"Kh.. Agh..." Maki groaned in pain.

"Maki...chan..." Nico said.

"You... You're the one who needs to run away..." Maki said.