"Wait. Hide here." My friends all his behind the counter as Shawn walked in... with Lauren.

"Alright, you got me here, so what's up?" Lauren asked, clearly already finished before anything begun.

"Jauregui, I want to offer you a position as my double agent." Shawn offered. "I'll pay you, and I just need you to come back and debrief me on things."

"You're pretty fucking stupid if you think my allegiance is as volatile as yours." Lauren laughed. "Why would you come to me? Why not Jacob? He's a tenor and he can't stand Y/N or the band."

"He can't stand Y/N because Y/N has more musical ability than he will ever possess. Besides, you're practically in love with your commander-"

"Excuse me?" Lauren asked, irritated.

"I see the way you look at Y/N. I know, it's the same way I look at Camila. I've been trying not to anymore. Drugs help a lot, Jauregui. Fighting pain with more pain."

"Y/N and I used to be really close... but it's none of your business, Mendes. I may have loved her, and maybe I might."

My friends looked at me. Camila just looked worried and sad. She was sad when we were hooking up; She told me later. She hated that it wasn't her.

"But she loves Camila. She loves her more than anything else in the universe. And if you can't comprehend that," Lauren got up from the table, getting her jacket. "I feel sorry for you, because you can truly never feel that."

"You act like you're strong about this, Lauren." Shawn laughed loudly. "But we all know you aren't. Why are you lying to yourself? Whatever, I don't need you. I have a shitload on Y/N's dad."

"Y/N doesn't have a dad-"

"Then how the fuck was Y/N made!" He yelled. "Y/N's dad was a boxer, like Y/N used to be. Kenneth Allen. But he was also a drinker. Drank before and after every game. But Y/N won a lot of championships, which always made him happy. Until one day, Mrs. Allen wasn't taking it anymore. He'd been seeing other women, making other plans, so he got kicked to the curb. So the next time you tell me Y/N Allen is a saint, realize she's actually a bastard. And nothing more than that."

I did what I knew how to in this situation. Run.

I ran out of the diner, although Nate told me not to and Dinah was rubbing my shoulder and Camila was in shock or confused I don't know. I was walking out, and it was raining, and I was probably gonna go back to work. I got into my car, until I heard someone tapping at the window.

It was Camila. She mouthed if she could come in, and I opened the passenger door's seat. She slowly came in, and I was about to speak but words weren't coming out. I hated silence. I hated not talking. I hated quiet. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it all.

Camila said nothing, but she pulled me in for a hug. And for some reason, silence became incredibly comfortable. For once in my life, as someone who has adored the loud sounds, the musical sounds, the crazy sounds, and Camila's voice- my favorite sound- but when everything stops, so do I.

"You aren't a bastard." She whispered to me.

"I get it if you don't wanna, you know, date me anymore." I said. She looked at me, and grabbed my chin.

"There is nothing more that I've ever wanted than to be with you." She kissed me, even though I was crying. In that moment, I was going to tell her that I really loved her, but I took the time to cry more. My dad hasn't been seen in four years.

"Look at where you are. Love at where you've started." Camila sang, quoting Hamilton, my favorite musical at the moment. "The fact that you're alive is a miracle. Just stay alive, that would be enough. And if your wife, could spare a fraction of your time, if I could grant you peace of mind, would that be enough?"