Chapter 6

A tiny green man ran into the room holding a knife. He had pointed teeth, and eyes like a snake's. He held a small tube, and belt held darts around his waist. "Long live Minera." He says smirking, and he shoots a dart at Ithica. She collapses as soon as it hits her. I stand paralyzed, afraid. The goblin smiles, and bows to me.

He snaps his fingers, and disappears, along with Ithica and Willow. "No!" I yell, I go to the floor where Ithica had been feeling around, some part of my brain hoping she would still be there. I run out of the room hurrying back to the room win the other girls. Hila and Keitha's cat thingy were gone, and the girls were fighting off a goblin with chairs. The goblin turns and looks at me. His eyes widen, he bows, and then disappears.

"What was that?" Najila asks looking frightened. Keitha was crying, and Lei glared at her.

"A goblin," I reply, surprised how calm may voice is.

"Oh really?" Lei asks, her voice dripping sarcasm. "I thought it was a human. We know it's a goblin!" I was right. I won't like her.

"Well then, why did Najila ask what it was?"

"Oh, I meant the bow." Najila clarifies.

"Well, I don't know. Maybe they thought I was Minera. I'm her doppelgänger or something."

"How would you know?" Lei asks me suspiciously.

"I saw her in a dream thingy. Ithica watched my dreams and said that the person I saw was Minera. She looked like me, but with gray eyes."

"What are we going to do?" Keitha asks in her tiny voice. "Our guardians are gone. How are we going to survive alone?"

"They can't have kidnapped all the fairies in this kingdom, right?" I say unsure. That would be quite a feat. But why would anyone do that anyway? You take the leaders and go. "We can get others to help us, and learn how to do magic and stuff. We'll figure it out. Come on." I walk out of the room and start down the hall. Nobody follows.

"Coming?" I ask popping my head in the doorway. Najila hesitates for a moment, and then nods. "Anyone else? You can go on your own, I don't care." They don't respond. "Well, we're going, you can help yourselves."

"We will wait here for someone to get us. It's safer." Lei says stiffly. I snicker at her stupidity.

"Keitha's? You sure you want to stay?" She nods almost immediately. "Okay. Good luck."

Najila and I go out to the hallway. We walk in silence. I look at her eyes to see if they've changed again. Still purple. It's odd that her eyes change. "So, Najila," I say, I try to think of something else to say, to strike a conversation. "Why do your eyes change color?" I bite my tongue. I should start thinking more. I probably came off as rude.

"Oh," she says surprised. "You noticed? Not many do. They change with my emotion. Weird, I know."

"Actually, that's cool. Mind telling me what purple means?"

She laughs. "I'd rather not let everyone know what I'm feeling all the time."

"Can I take a guess?"

"Sure, but I won't confirm." Her eyes were gold again.

"Fear?" She only smiles, "So, yes?"

"I didn't say anything."

"But you smiled."

"That means nothing. I told you I'm not telling."