Chapter 35

EMMAS POV
I sat in the car, crying as Mark and Duncan comforting me. "Don't cry, Emma. Brooklyn would want you to be strong." Mark told me. "She...s-she was like a sister to me!" I cried. "We know. Don't cry, sis." Duncan said. "And Brad MURDERED her!" I cried. I didn't know how to feel. Whether to feel angry at Brad or really upset that Brooklyn had died. "She was like...the sister I never had. Now...s-she's dead. How am I supposed to tell her now?!" I exclaimed. "Let's get back to Jacob. He'll make you feel better, for sure." Mark said, starting the car. I was still crying my eyes out. Brooklyn died. Because...the brother I was about to help to get out of that cell, murdered her.
We reached home and I was still crying. I think Duncan and Mark gave up trying to calm me down, that's why Mark said he'll get me back to Jacob. I followed the boys into the house and Duncan called, "Jacob! Wherever you are. Get here." After a few seconds, Jacob came down the stairs and saw me crying. "Baby!" He exclaimed, and swung his arms around me. I cried more into his shoulder. "What happened?" Jacob asked. "Brad....he murdered his ex. Brooklyn." I heard Duncan explain. "Oh my god. Emma. Don't cry. I'm here for you." Jacob told me. "She's happy up in heaven. She'll be looking down at you, right now. Brooklyn doesn't want you to be crying. She'll want you to be strong for her." Jacob said to me. "But she'll never come back." I cried. "No. Don't think like that. Emma. Listen to me. Be strong for her. Brooklyn does NOT want you to be crying and ruining your makeup." Jacob said. I giggled a little. "See. She'll like you laughing and having a good time. Of course she doesn't want you to forget her, but you'll have to be happy. You'll have to move on but don't forget her." Mark said. "I guess." I replied. "I'm sorry, Duncan. For yelling and rejecting you. You'll always be my brother." I apologised. "It's alright. I knew you'd come round, anyways." He smiled. "Right. I know Brad....he killed Brooklyn. But he's still our brother. We need to help him get out of there, even if he did kill somebody. He's our family." I told Duncan. "Right. What do we do?" Duncan asked. "Why are you asking me? You're supposed to be the older one, you think of something." I said. "Right. Okay. Uhh...get in the car." Duncan commanded and me and Jacob followed him to the car. He got in the drivers seat and me and Jacob sat in the back. "Where are we going?" Jacob asked. "Down to the police station. I'm going to say I witnessed it happening. I'll use a fake name. Duncan..uhh....Roarar or whatever." Duncan said. "You can't! You'll get locked up if the cops find out, bro." Jacob exclaimed. "Don't stress. It'll be fine. I used to be a lawyer and I know the code for this thing. You say the code to the officer and they let him go." Duncan explained. (Don't know if it's actually true, but oh well.) "Okay. Are you sure you're not going to get into trouble?" I asked. "Stop worrying. It's fine!" Duncan said.
We reached the station and we all got out of the car. Hopefully...this works.