Chapter 17

EMMAS POV
Jacob was on the phone to Mark, telling him all about me living with him. I don't mind that, to be fair. I love how he's so excited and happy that I'm going to live with him. Jacob had finished talking on the phone now, and he said, "Emma. We need to start looking at houses. But I kinda already found one..." I giggled. "Show me then." I said. He got his phone and passed me it. It had a picture of this:

"What the hell?! Seriously, you're thinking of buying this! Jeez! I'm speechless!" I exclaimed, nearly choking on my words

"What the hell?! Seriously, you're thinking of buying this! Jeez! I'm speechless!" I exclaimed, nearly choking on my words. "Yeah! I have enough money, and I would still have enough money to get extra things." Jacob said. "How much money do you have and where did you actually get it from? It's not drug dealing, is it?" I asked. "No, no, no, no. Nothing like that! I have 20 grand. And I got it from my piggy bank...?" Jacob explained. "Piggy bank? Seriously? Where did you get it from, Jacob?" I asked again. He sighed and explained, "My friend stole some money from a bank. He lent some to me. But PLEASE, don't take it off me!" I was shocked. "What?! And you accepted it?!" I asked. He nodded. "Why?!" I asked. "I've wanted to get a house of my own for you to live in with me for ages now." Jacob explained. "Yeah, but still it's a crime. Isn't it? You got money from a criminal. If that bank or anybody else finds out...you're going to jail." I told him. "But are you going to tell the cops on me?" Jacob asked, scared. "No! Of course not! I'm you're girlfriend. We're nearly married. I'll never do such a thing. But NEVER do ANYTHING like this again. Understand?" I said. He nodded. "Would you take the money off me?" Jacob asked. "No! Listen, you have the money and forget you EVER told me about how you got it. Okay?" I asked. "Okay." Jacob replied and went downstairs. What has he gotten himself into?