Chapter 33

EMMAS POV
I waited to see whether they'd come out. But they still hadn't. So I pulled out of the drive way and started driving down the street. Then my phone rang. It was connected to the car so I could answer it while driving. It was Jacob. I clicked the button to answer.
Me: Hi.
Duncan: Emma. Listen I-
Me: No! I answered this call to speak to Jacob, not YOU.
Duncan: I know, I know. But if you just let me speak-
Me: Duncan. There's nothing to talk about. I have no time for people who call one of their own family member a murderer. You're supposed to be supporting Brad and helping him through this! But instead...you're calling him a murderer, which will KILL his confidence in that cell!
Duncan: Emma. I know. I'm sorry...
Me: No. I'm going to help Brad out of this mess and then I'm going to leave. Tell Jacob if he wants to be with me, tell HIM to call me.
Duncan: Wait! Just let-
And I hung up. I was really upset and angry at Duncan. I cannot believe he would do such a thing to his own LITTLE brother. I would've thought he would've helped me get Brad out of this. Turns out, he's not and he calling him a murderer. If he won't help Brad, I'm going to.
DUNCANS POV
"She won't listen to me." I told Jacob. "What'd she say?" Jacob asked. "She said she's helping Brad get out of this mess and then she's leaving." I said. "What, without me?" Jacob asked. "No, no. She said if you want to be with her, call her yourself." I explained, passing him his phone back. "Thanks. I'm going to have to call her. I can't live without her." Jacob said, putting the phone to his ear.
EMMAS POV
My phone rang again. I pressed the button and answered it.
Me: Hello?
Jacob: Babe.
Me: Thank god, it's not that man again!
Jacob: Please don't go, I need to to be with me. Where are you?
Me: In your car. Well, my car or whatever.
Jacob: I need to come find you. Now.
Me: Fine. But Duncan isn't coming. Understand?
Jacob: But-
Me: Jacob. Understand?
Jacob: Okay. He's not coming. But then how am I supposed to find you?
Me: Bus? Ask a friend to pick you up? Common sense, maybe?
Jacob: Ah. Yes. I'll ask Mark to pick me up.
Me: Okay. I'm near-well, I'll park outside Walmart. The one near town.
Jacob: Okay, babe. See you soon. Love you.
Me: Love you too.
I hung up. I drove into the car park, outside Walmart and found a space to park in.
I played on my phone for about 20-30 minutes, until someone knocked on my window. I looked up and saw Jacob. I smiled. He smiled. I opened the car door and asked, "You made it then, I see?" I giggled. "Yeah. Mark is such a RUBBISH driver!" Jacob shouted to Mark. Mark got out the car. "I am NOT a RUBBISH driver. You're the one who's rubbish." Mark replied. I giggled.