Chapter Two

I had woken up to the sound of heavy breathing right next to my ear. It was Danny, still fast asleep with his little head resting on my right shoulder.

"Dad, when do we arrive in California?" I questioned while gently poking Dad's arm.

"Uhmm, about another half hour. Wake Danny up for me, I want him to be wide-eyed when we're landing." He stated, looking out the window rubbing his hands.

I looked down to my brother lying on my chest, small snores escaping his mouth. I smiled to myself and shook him a little in an attempt to wake him. It was a failed attempt. I then began singing the theme song to his favourite t.v show in his ear.

"Bubble bubble bubble........guppy guppy guppies..." I sang barely hear able for people around us.

I looked at his face as a small grin started to appear. His dark brown eyes peered up at me as he slowly sat himself up on my lap again. He rubbed his eyes before turning to my mum and asking for some licorice.

She reached down beside her feet picking up her bag. She then pulled out a long piece of raspberry licorice as if she were performing a magic trick.

Danny said his thankyou then with it half way out his mouth he pointed out the window.

"Am, Mum, Daddy look!! I see the airport with all the airplanes!!" He excitedly yelped. Ever since he was very small he'd been so fascinated with planes and this was both his and I's first plane trip.

"Yes Danny, good job. Now, where is the ugly troll?" My dad asked grinning.

"Right there!" He very loudly said pointing to this woman who would not stop snoring behind us. "Her mole is scary" he told us referring to the big brown mountain on top of her lip.

"No Danny!" My dad whisper yelled forcing his pointing arm down, "you were meant to point to Amberle" he told him while trying not to laugh.

"What?" I asked glaring at my dad.

"Uhh, you and your mother's glares literally pierce my soul." He told me covering half his face.

That caused my mum to join in on the glaring, I love how we could all joke around with each other.

" heh heh, dad said you are a troll." Danny smiled while gently hitting me with his most beloved toy ever, Dylil the bear. Dylan and Kahlil gave it to him for his second birthday and he named it himself.

Just as we had landed, Danny began singing The Bubble Guppies theme song.

....

"Is that OUR house?" Danny questioned wide-eyed. He had his forehead against the window when my dad decided to put down his window.

"Woah Buddy! Watch out for your face." My dad told Danny.

As soon as we were in the drive-way parked, Danny had already gotten out of his seat and ran towards the house.

He dodged a few boxes that the removalists had started unloading. I chased after him and we both arrived at the door together. "Am, what is that number?" He pouted while holding Dylil close to his chest.

"That number is nine, Danny" I answered twisting the door knob. I opened up the door and the first thing in sight was a set of stairs.