Lightning and Thunder (Kassy x Ryuu)

Start from the beginning

"Now I'm exhausted" Ryuu sighed.

"Well its your fault for wanting to take a picture" Kassy said standing up straight.

"All I wanted is a picture, is it too hard to ask?"

"I would definitely take a picture with you if you weren't going to just post it and make your so called "Fangirls" jealous" Hearing this from Kassy he got the idea of her actually being jealous of what he said earlier, he smirked.

"Fine, I won't post the picture just to make them jealous. I also want to share how much of a good time we're having" Kassy was slightly suprised that he said that, she blushed and nodded.

"Fine we can take a picture, just promise me you wont post it to make people wonder about stuff- No, you gotta pinky promise it!" Kassy said raising her pinky finger.

"Pinky promise, really?"

"Its the highest form of promises built on friendship!" Kassy pouted like a child.

"Fine, I pinky promise" Ryuu holding Kassy's pinky with his and promises. Kassy felt happier, it may not be clear but their bond as friends grew even more, maybe something more than that too.

"Okay let's take a picture...no flashes please..." Kassy mumbled the last part.

"Huh, why not?" Ryuu asked positioning his phone to a nice angle.

"Just- nevermind I don't want to talk about it"

"Okay then" Ryuu shrugged, thinking about wether he should be concerned at what she said or not.

"Okay pose!!!" Ryuu said as they took multiple shots with different poses.

"Awww these are so cute!!" Ryuu said showing Kassy one of the best shots he got. Kassy nods in approval thinking that both of them were cute in the picture.

"Okay, that was fun... So what do you want to do next?"

"Maybe go eat or something?"

"Okay! there's like Takoyaki somewhere there would you like that?"  Ryuu said as he pointed with his thumb somewhere else in the booth area.

"If its edible I'm good"

"Wait, haven't you tried Takoyaki before?" Ryuu asks, Kassy just sways her head in denial.

"Wait! What? are you serious? you live in Japan and you haven't tried Takoyaki? I'm hurt"

"Hey, its not my problem my parents like classy foreign food"

"Haven't the girls brought you to a festival before? y'know tried some good old-fashioned street food" Ryuu said

"I would usually decline because I'am either busy or doing family business" Kassy said as they started walking towards the food stations.

"well that's sad" Ryuu said looking up seeing that the sky is starting to become gray in color.

"Oh, what? I thought there wouldn't be any rain today"

"r-rain?" Kassy mummbled

"Yeah, look at the clouds its huge and dark, probably gonna rain hard. I should call Io and Divine so that we could probably leave before it rains super hard" Ryuu said as he grabs his phone. Kassy stands there not knowing what to do since it was an open area and it was about to rain. She stood up straight scared to move for some reason.

"Okay they said they'll meet us in the station, Divine told me to make sure that you're right beside me, I don't know why though" Ryuu said looking at Kassy who gives a fake smile.

"Let's buy some Takoyaki and leave please"

"We'll if you say so" Ryuu goes in line while Kassy waits near a stall. Suddenly droplets of rain started pouring but people were still in the line. Only a few minutes until huge drops of water started falling out from the sky, people were already getting wet so Ryuu gave up in the line and walked to where Kassy waiting, but the problem is she wasn't there. Ryuu started panicking and trying to call her but she wouldn't pick up, she called Io to ask if she was there, sadly she wasn't. Ryuu started running around to find Kassy until thunder was heard in a distance. A small scream was heard somewhere behind him. He walked to a stall that the sound was heard and found Kassy hiding. Kassy looked up with tears in her eyes to see a drenched Ryuu.

"Kassy what are you doing here? let's go" Ryuu said taking her hand but she pulls it back.

"Kassy c'mon Io and Divine are probably already at the station" Ryuu said as thunder crashed through the sky, Kassy hid her head in her arms and whimpered. Ryuu quickly realized that she could be afraid of thunder.

"Kassy, don't worry I'll be here, nothing will harm you" Ryuu placed his hand on Kassy's back to give her a signal of safety. She looks at Ryuu with teary eyes, Ryuu brings Kassy onto her feet as he cover her head with his sleeve. Ryuu gives a signal that they're about to run towards the near by station. Kassy still shaking and frightened goes along knowing it would be faster to avoid the roaring sound of thunder from the sky if they quickly run to the station. They immediately run under the rain, only a few minutes until they got to the station. Ryuu takes his phone out to contact Io while Kassy sits on a near by bench.

"Io where are you?"

"JR line, station three"

"Alright got it thanks" Ryuu turns his phone off and walks to Kassy.

"Can you walk?" Ryuu asks Kassy, she nods as a reply.

"Okay, they're waiting at the 3rd station from here, let's go" Ryuu offers his hand to Kassy who he accepts his hand and walks beside him. They slowly walk to the next station, it was too quiet so Ryuu decided to brea the silence.

"So what happened back there?" Ryuu asks Kassy who's eyes were widened because of embarrassment at the incident earlier.

"Uhm, well" Hesitating to tell Ryuu

"Don't worry Ka-chan, you can trust me right?" Ryuu smiles at her, for a second Kassy forgets about how he's a ladies man and see's him as a friend who she can rely on. Kassy sighs and starts to tell him her past.

"When I was younger me and my cousin were out on the fields playing, we didn't know there was a thunder storm heading towards us, we were having too much fun that we didn't listen to our parents and ran really far out in the fields. The sky was getting gloomy and we could see lightning up ahead, by the time we were going back lightning hit right in front of us, I was too traumatised to move, my cousin on the other hand left me, he was running to our grandparent's house and I just couldn't move. Rain started pouring, and the sound of thunder was roaring and I was just scared that I might die right there just by getting hit by lightning. Luckily I didn't, my parents found me, it was a awful experience and I just can't overcome it no matter how many times Ive tried I just can't-" As she explains her past tears were falling from her eyes, but she was interrupted by being pulled by Ryuu. He grabs her into a tight hug, saying

"I'm sorry" Kassy was confused

"I'm sorry you had to go through that, no one should go through that, not even someone like you Ka-chan" Ryuu said embracing her tightly

"Ryuu...'' Kassy looked into Ryuu's eyes as he did to hers, this happened for a couple of seconds until they both noticed and looked away from each other.

"So uhm, let's go, they've been waiting for too long" Ryuu said as Kassy nods, together they walked towards the next station, well at this point they're walking towards a relationship that goes beyond their friendship.