Chapter 16

I wanted to get out of this bed. Last time I'd been was a couple days ago. Katie's gotten into the habit of coming to bail me out of bed jail. I'd gotten into the habit of expecting her to, but she probably wouldn't be today, or any day soon. I was too close to delivering. The nerves came more and more every day.

There was a knock at the door and a whistle.

"Hey-o!"

I smiled and looked at Katie. "Didn't think you'd be coming anymore. What do you have planned?"

"Of course. I can't leave you alone. I thought we'd stay in today. I brought some sewing patterns, fabric, the works."

I cocked a brow and pointed at her. "You can't sew."

She laughed. "I know. I brought it for you to do. I'm going to work on writing. Maybe send out to more publishers."

"You got dis!" I cheered.

Her laugh came out in a louder tone this time and slightly bounced off the bedroom walls.

"Thanks, Mads." She plopped a small suitcase and her backpack on the bed. I reached for the suitcase and unzipped it. There were so many choices; even laced for lining the hem.

I sighed. "Katie, you didn't have to get all of this."

She smirked. "I didn't, Niall did. It's not a big deal. Niall picked out a few fabrics for t-shirts to be made for ours."

"You want me to make some t-shirts for him?" I couldn't help gasping, and then I was giddy.

"Of course." She laughed. "We'd love to have him wear your makings."

A bright and wide smile crossed my face, and then I did a little happy dance. "I'll get straight to work."

"Don't forget clothes for her," Katie replied.

I gave her a slight look. "You know I already have a stash in her closet."

Katie busted out a laugh. "Right." She took out her laptop and played music. Currently 'Lego House' by Ed Sheeran played. Perfect.

***

I jammed to the boys' song 'Midnight Memories' as I finished up sewing a sleeve. Katie was singing along as well, smiling a lot, and laughing as she bobbed her head.

"Midnight Mem-ories! Oh-ooh!" Katie and I belted, making dramatic arms. Suddenly, I stopped as I felt the liquid.

"What?" Kat asked, still slightly smiling.

I cleared my throat. "I think she's coming."

"Wait, what? Are you joking?"

"No." I shook my head. "We need to get to the hospital right now."

"Back the fuck up!" Katie exclaimed and she became kind of frantic. "What? The boys- studio. Maddy!"

I shot her a look. "Katie! We need to go!"

She shot up from the bed and ran downstairs. I assumed she went out to her vehicle to get the wheelchair. My assumption was proved right as she came back in, holding it in her hands.

"I'll call them on the way."

I nodded. "Alright. Hopefully they're not in the recording room."

Katie mumbled something and I think it was "o-vey." Well, that's one way to put it.

Halfway down the stairs, and roughly 15 minutes later, I felt pain in my lower abdomen area.

"Stop. Stop," I grunted out as I leaned over and winced at the pain.