Chapter 9

I couldn't stop the laughs as Katie put the Aloe gel on Niall's very sunburned skin. "This was after forgetting to put sunscreen on the last two days?"

"Not forgot, he just didn't want to," Katie remarked, giving Niall a look.

Niall made a small scoff. "I'm a rebel."

"No, you're an idiot." Though her words were a little harsh, she was still gentle with her rubbing.

"Am not."

Katie smirked and leaned down to give him a kiss on the cheek. "You're my idiot." She snapped the lid of the bottle shut and put it in the bathroom. "You're gonna have to take cold showers for a couple days, babe."

"That sucks," Niall sulked.

Katie smiled, trying not to laugh. "You should've worn sunscreen like me the last two days."

Niall narrowed his eyes and stalked towards her. "You're being more painful than this sunburn right now."

Her smile turned into a devious smirk. "Good." She smacked her hand on his arm; pretty hard.

It made me cringe everywhere and the baby kicked.

Katie made an 'o' face, scrunching up her nose. "Did that hurt?"

Niall's peeled nose flared, but it was playfully. "Just a little. This is gonna hurt more." He grabbed her by the waist and picked her up, throwing her on his shoulder. Despite the pain I was sure he  felt, he continued. He walked over to the flattened futon and threw her down; not that hard though. Then Niall straddled her and, did what I expected, began to tickle her.

She squealed and squirmed. "Maddy, help me!"

I watched in amusement and made no urgent move. "Can't. The baby."

They continued their fiasco and I outright laughed. Finally, I didn't need to entertain myself.

Katie's yelling became more frantic. "Niall, I can't breath!... Please, I really can't breath!" Her breathing came out short, her face becoming red, and she seemed like she was going to start crying. Despite knowing each other for six years, Niall still didn't seem to know Katie's limits; especially her claustrophobia. And he's claustrophobic too, he should know. But, Katie shouldn't be acting out this horribly, it's really not that bad.

But, as quickly as I could, I walked over and tried to get Niall to stop. "Niall, I really think she can't breath. Stop."

Niall let up his tickling terror and got off.

Katie went into a small coughing bit and heaved for air.

"Babe, I'm sorry," Niall apologized, sincerely, and rested his hand on her's.

She shook her head and took a deep breath. "I'm fine."

I rushed into the kitchen and got a glass of water for her. Katie took a couple sips before setting it down on the table.

"I think I'm gonna take a nap. It's been a long day."

"I agree." I nodded. "You can have my bed."

"No." Katie shook her head. "No giving up your bed. I'll be fine right here."

Louis walked through the front door and stopped his whistling abruptly. "Whoa, who spray painted Niall red?"

Niall made a short, hysterical laugh. "You're funny, mate."

Louis smirked his knowing smirk. "I think I am. Good luck with future photos." He looked over at me. "Ready for Nando's?"