1. Are They Serious!?!

Start from the beginning

So, I was thinking about all these futile attempt of parents while I was driving back home from school. My day today at school was uneventfull except for the fact that me and Mrs. Ananya Krisnamurthy our senior English teacher were informed that we need to prepare our school magazine in a month as our magazine has been selected by National Juniors Magazine an organization which encourages writing skills of talented young students to participate in an event. So, the whole day my Principal gave us off and asked us to work on it. We have to present a presentation about our ideas tommorow and I have to work on it as we only had hints and I had to develop in into a MS Presenation. 

Uff, I really need this evening for myself as I have lots of works to be done. I have to also prepare a sketch design and sent it to Raj so that he'll create those dresses for my botique and write a new post for my blog; an article to be submitted to editor. My TO DO WORK LIST keeps on growing with each second.

“Mom, It’s me open the door fast.” I said as soon as I rang the calling bell. I was so impatient to get in home. My legs were paining and I started shifting my weight from one leg to another which I realized as a mistake only when the pain increased

“Yes, dear. I’ll open it for you.” My mom whisper-yelled from inside.

But when she opened the door,I noticed a whole bunch of people sitting in the living room and all starring at me.

I instantly realized that they were here for the match-making purpose. I gave my mother a death glare( reason that I wanted this evening free and her match-making gala had to interupt it only on today!?! UHH... God.. My mood is really becoming annoyed)who seemed not to care and then turned toward those people and smiled.

My mom took it as a cue and said, “She is my daughter, Ria”.

Then turning towards me she said, "Ria, darling. These people have come to see you dear.. Sorry, that I couldn’t inform you as they made a surprise visit." My mom shoot me an apologetic smile and so did those people there.

I smiled at that crowd and started checking them out, which consisted of an elderly couple, a young couple with a toddler in hand and then a young man who was just as anxious, confused and restless as me. Once he met my steady gaze he smiled at me, as I had smiled back immediatedly .

I then said, “I feel I need to freshen up. I’ll join you all soon.”, saying these I fleed to my room.My mom handled the situation quite well. I have always been a girl who takes up sometime to get friendly with strangers but once I do then there's no looking back. If given a chance than I would preferred solitude than interacting with strangers. That is the reasons as why I preferred to be friends and then marry a person. But looking at the pressure my mother was putting on me, I was sure that my mother would get me married soon.

 As I had so many thoughts flooding my mind then, one thought crossed my mind again and again. That man really looked trust-worthy and gentlemanly. So, I thought to myself that I could tell him about my view of matrimony.

Thinking all these I got herself draped in a bluish green silk saree that quite complimented my wheatish complexion while my hair remained neatly plaited. I washed my face and applied some kajal(eye-pencil) to enhance my sharp shiny almond shaped black eyes. I then applied a little lip gloss while checking myself out in my full size mirror which left me satisfied.

I then opened the door and went into the living room to meet them.

As soon as I reached there, an elderly woman ran by and complimented me for looking so good. That lady was of average height, a little stout yet her face was made even more beautiful by the love that she possessed and spread. I smiled politely and thanked her.

That lady then introduced the young couple as her son and daughter-in law, that toddler as Akashi, their grandchild, that old man as her husband and that young man as her son, Dr. Siddharth Sharma for whom they have come here for.

I smiled at all of them and they all started bombarding me with questions. I still managed to smile gracefully and answered all their questions. Maybe this was the perks of being a teacher, you can answer any sort of question as many of my students had irritated me with silly questions. But what amused me was that the fact as why would my parents ever chose a north-Indian as we all were South Indian Brahmins. The lady seemed to understand my thoughts maybe from my confused expression or so and said, “We are Sharma Brahmins. We came across your profile through a matrimony site. You seemed to be wonderful girl so we thought we could call on you. After all if you both are destined to marry each other then who can stop?” and smiled a mischevious smile. I shrugged her shoulders and viewed Siddharth who was as shy and confused as I was.

I smiled at that him and he smiled back. My father seemed to noticed our exchange of smiles and said, “ Ria will you just keep smiling at each other for the rest of your life. You need to talk to him, dear.  Why don’t to take him to a tour of this house and show him the beach-view? That should help, right?” said my father now looking at the elderly couple.  Siddharth and I felt our cheeks growing hot and red as we both blushed simultaneously.

The old man said, “Yes, Siddharth. Go with her and talk your hearts out. We as your parents are quite satisfied with this family and we would fix your marriage if you don’t protest. “ Saying this he laughed aloud treating  it as a joke. Was it really joke. Getting us married has really become a joke for these elders thought I and shook her head.

 Is this really what they call as the play of destiny. Is he really the one destined for me? Who knows? Maybe God knows? She unconsciously shrugged her shoulders with a smile playing on her lips.

!@#$#@!##

Author's Note:-

Hey guys happy to meet you again. It's good to know that you're sticking to this story. Sorry for the errors in the chapters.

I just wanted to tell you one thing about Ria and her narration. Look, technically, she's a type of girl who prolongs on matters that could be said short, skips on deatils and change thinking about drastically from one thing to another, all thanks to her short-term attention spans . So, just don't get irritated with her. She has so many thoughts revolving in her head and that would be well shown well in P.O.V. She is not a person who ponders on her thought and you could have noticed that. Even though she's a fashion designer herself, she doesn't give much importance to what others wear or even look like.  She's sort of self-centered when it comes to fashion and never cares about what others wear or think about her dress.Her definition of good-looking keeps on changing and seriously that's the reason why she never trusts herself to date anyone bcoz she's scared like she might change a person too frequently. Now don't come to the conclusion that she's slut or so, it's just that she loves to escape from complications of relationships.

Thought this might help about understanding Ria.

I also promise you that you would have Sid's P.O.V in the upcoming chapters which would be much precise and better. If you read his P.O.V then maybe you can underatand as why I took this trouble to tell you all about Ria.

 So, bye for now but keep on reading because the upcoming chapters are the ones leading to Ria's marriage phase and are quite interesting too.

Bye for now, meet you all soon with my new update.