Ch. 7 - Excuse me..

Late for the tube, you have to walk to work this morning. It's quite a walk - long story short, you're not very happy at the moment. Muttering to yourself, you look down at your phone, typing out a message to tell your boss that you'll be late. As you do so, someone heading in the opposite direction. You stop, ready to tell this person off, but you hear a very familiar voice.

"Oh, I'm sorry, didn't see you there.. are you all right?"

TOM. Oh. My. GODS. Inside your mind, you're screaming and flailing and hopping up and down, but outside you just look up and give him a giant smile. "I'm fine, thanks. Excuse me."

Without another word, you walk away so you don't embarrass yourself. When you get to the bookshop, you go to the back and let yourself freak out, squealing and babbling incoherently. Your boss opens the door, summoned by the racket you're making, and asks you what the hell is going on. "Are you having a fit or something?"

" YES I AM HAVING A FIT, I JUST RAN INTO TOM HIDDLESTON!" you exclaim. Taking a couple of breaths to calm down, you continue. "I was walking here, right? And I was sending you that text saying I was gonna be late.. and... bloody hell, I ran into him!"

Your boss gives you a strange look and nods slowly, shutting the door. She probably thinks you'e mad, but you don't care at the moment. After your fangirling is done, you're in an excellent mood. You don't even mind when an old man barks at you for counting his change wrong. You're too busy happily replaying what happened on your way here. You're pretty sure Tom didn't know that it was you he'd bumped into. What if he did? You panic for a moment, turning to the nearest reflective surface to make sure you didn't look too terrible. Then you realize that he could'nt, because he has no idea what you look like - you've only spoken through text messages. Why didn't you say something? You decide to do so; but if you're going to tell him, you tell yourself, you are going to have a little fun with it.

To:  Tom

Guess who I bumped into today?

From: Tom  

No idea, dear. Who?

You giggle. You actually giggle. 

To:  Tom 

I'm not telling you, you have to guess!

From: Tom  

All right, then.. can I at least have a clue?

You take a moment to come up with one that woudn't be a dead giveaway, which proved to be difficult.  You can't even tell him where it happened, could you? You'd mentioned where you lived before, and he knew you worked at Blackwell's.... You settled on when, and added that it was someone you wouldn't normally see around as an afterthought.

From: Tom  

I still have no idea, love. Can't you just tell me?

To:  Tom 

Giving up without even a guess? I thought you'd get it for sure, since you were there...

From: Tom  

What?