Ch. 3 - Oops...

If the messages were not still in your inbox, you would write your late-night conversation off as a dream. You check throughout the day, just to be sure, and there they are. Seven messages, all from Tom himself. You eventually go ahead and program his mobile number into your contacts - after all, he did say you could talk to him whenever...

The next time you see her, you tell your friend about what occurred. At first, she refuses to believe you and demands proof. You show her the messages, and after having an absolute fit she accepts it. When you leave her, she bombards you with texts.

From: Talia

How are you still alive! I would have a bloody heart attack! Can you tell him Hello from me??? :O

To: Talia

No idea. I must have Jack Harkness Syndrome or something.

From: Talia

LOL Jack Syndrome! So spill - what's it like, talking to him?

To: Talia

AMAZING, of course, what kind of question is that.

From: Talia

I NEED DETAILS, YOU TWAT!

To: Tom

Talia, calm down before you hurt yourself! He's suprisingly normal, really.. makes you forget you're talking to someone famous.

You wait for a reply for an awfully long time. Funny, it isn't like her to leave you hanging like this...  When you finally do get a text message, it isn't from Talia. It's from Tom. Stunned that he's talking to you just out of the blue, you press VIEW MESSAGE.

From: Tom

I'm awfully flattered, love, but since my name isn't Talia, I'm going to assume you meant that to go to someone else.

"FUCK, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck...." you mutter, looking back through your sent file. When you realize your mistake, you wish nothing more than for the floor to open up and swllow you whole. What did you just DO??? You're so embarrassed you could cry.

To: Tom

I am SO sorry! My best mate, her number is right next to yours in my mobile.

You scream in frustration, frightening your cat. 

From: Tom

Don't be embarrassed. It happens to everyone at least once.

To: Tom

Yes, but when it's me, of course it happens when I'm talking to my favourite actor... Oh, and, she says to tell you hi for her, so "Hi!"

From: Tom

Well, thank you! It's quite nice to know that someone considers me their favourite. Tell Talia I said hello!

He even remembered her name! You quickly forward the message to her. She is going to go absolutely mad!

She does. Later, she rings you and screams in your ear for about an hour. You lie back and listen, but your mind is miles away. What is Tom Hiddleston doing talking to a silly little fangirl, anyway? And why you? You're nothing special...