Andy had often associated Nick with words resembling saviour, because that was what he'd been for her. Fury told her this story long ago. A tale of his rebellion that had given him the position he would have otherwise still had today.

  Nick had said, "If you feel that something is right— even when someone else tells you it's wrong— you take that risk. No matter the consequence."

The advice hadn't failed her since.

  "And for that you gave him a promotion?" She asked, making polite conversation, even in spite of her intricate knowledge on the discussion.

  Pierce nodded, "I've never had cause to regret it either. Fury was a great man."

  Andy smiled, but she didn't need to be told of Fury's greatness. Despite the lies and the mistrust that surrounded him, Nick was a good person. Cautious, but good.

  "Captain, Andrea."

  The Jones woman met those distant eyes once more as Pierce spoke her name. His slow drawl was calculated and with it came a chill she didn't quite understand. She frowned.

"Why was Nick Fury in your apartment building yesterday?"

  Andy knew the question had been coming. Yet, she couldn't conjure a reply. So far, she had no reason to believe that S.H.I.E.L.D. knew about her being in the car crash with Fury.

  Something told her not to mention it, either. After Nick's warning, there was no room to take chances. Not with his death still fresh in their minds. Friend to Nick or not, Andy knew that when Fury said to 'trust no one', he meant it.

  "He didn't get the chance to say," she finally replied, keeping her voice close to a whisper. She had to maintain the act of a grief-stricken girl. It was easy enough, considering it's truth.

  Andy let her eyes fall back to the picture. She wasn't unaware of Pierce's gaze on her. He was looking for a crack in their masks. Some kind of tell.

  He turned to Steve, "Did you know that both your apartments were bugged?"

Andy restrained a bitter smile. Before her memories resurfaced, it would've been hard to imagine being an object of Fury's suspicions. After all, he'd personally recruited her.

  However, Andrea knew better now. Who wouldn't be suspect of an ex-HYDRA assassin? He may have recovered the information on the hard-drive, but she could recall that it held little beyond the details of her experimentation.

Andy tried not to be too hurt, but let the emotion linger on her expression. There was a reason Pierce was bringing this up. An intent to his reminiscing. He was playing at something.

  "No, he didn't tell us that either," Andrea spoke. She met Pierce's eyes, betraying nothing.

  "Did you know that he was the one to bug it?" Pierce prodded further.

  Andy had to suppress her exasperation. Of course she knew— and who could blame him? Most of the time he ended up being right. Someone had to keep tabs on her and, if anything, she was glad it had been Fury.

  Pierce studied their expressions. When he was satisfied with what he saw, he leaned back. "I want you both to see something," he told them, gesturing to a nearby screen.